Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Does anyone at Fountain return calls (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57458-does-anyone-fountain-return-calls.html)

Twin screws 08-20-2003 07:31 PM

Back in 97 I ordered and bought a new 29ft Fountain, great boat. The first summer the stitching in the upholstry came apart (they said the computer was set wrong,,,,,,,,,, whatever) I mean every stitch in the boat came apart. I called the dealer and he told me to call the factory. I thought at that time I was in trouble. However, when I called, they asked me if I wanted to finish the summer in the boat or if I wanted them to come now and get the boat. I chose to wate about a month. At the end of the summer, I called them back, and they came the next week and picked the boat up. They came and got the boat. Blew me away. Replaced the whole interior, including the engine hatch, which was ok. They said the material would not match. I don't remember how long they kept the boat, but it wasn't long. When they finished it they ask me if I wanted to come get the boat, and tour the factory, or if I wanted them to send it back. I choose to go and get it, and glad I did.
I'm pretty sure things are different now. If you think about it though, that is the way it should be. I have seen three new Fountains lately and it's not the same company. All thee have issues. Sad, because, what a great boat.
I have had two Fountains, just sold a 35, and I'm sorry to say that it was my last.

US1 Fountain 08-20-2003 07:34 PM

Originally posted by SpectreBoy
but I did bang the girl who was washing the tables in the bathroom one nite,
Since when did BK start putting tables in the bathroom?
I don't think I'm THAT hunger. ;)

epeek 08-20-2003 07:49 PM

Twin screws, nice story, Thats the way it should be.
I love the boat,don't love the company. Fountain
just awarded a dealership to a local at my lake. When
you call, you either get a cell phone or a machine. I
tried to do business and buy parts but they never
returned my 2 calls, Then I called Riverview Marine
where I bought the boat. Nice people, not so nice service. I've been waiting 1 week for a price And
availability on Fountain logo lights. called back once after
3 days, no answer yet 1 week later. Man if I ran my
business like that I'd be history!!!

epeek 08-20-2003 07:52 PM

By the way twinn screws, Why is the 35 your last
Fountain, service, quality or style?

THRILLSEEKER 08-20-2003 08:25 PM

Get a C-gar.

Wasabe, we gotta hook up:D

Roger 1 08-20-2003 09:03 PM

Originally posted by epeek
Twin screws, nice story, Thats the way it should be.
I love the boat,don't love the company. Fountain
just awarded a dealership to a local at my lake. When
you call, you either get a cell phone or a machine. I
tried to do business and buy parts but they never
returned my 2 calls, Then I called Riverview Marine
where I bought the boat. Nice people, not so nice service. I've been waiting 1 week for a price And
availability on Fountain logo lights. called back once after
3 days, no answer yet 1 week later. Man if I ran my
business like that I'd be history!!!

If you are refering to Riverview Marine in Illinois, the owner has passed away.

epeek 08-21-2003 06:33 AM

Yes, I know Tim passed on, (great guy), But the
place is still open for business and so it needs
to run as a business. If you called NAPA looking
for a part you would expect an answer on the spot.
They have used the logo lights for over a decade.
Its not like its something wierd Im looking for.

Shane 08-21-2003 07:57 AM

epeek,

How are you? I don't think we have met. I am sorry to hear of your story. Do you know Scott and Ron Abbott? They can do just about anything at their shop and the carpet place they order from can have logo's and everything stichted right in. I an not 100% certain about he interior/headliner but give them a call. If you need their number let me know. They do beautiful work too. Hope to meet you some day.

Shane

THEJOKER 08-21-2003 08:03 AM

Twin Screws last boat is a Fountain because he rode in My 38 Top Gun - PERIOD! BH

Roger 1 08-21-2003 08:18 AM

Next time you call Fountain and leave a message, make sure you tell them that they don`t owe you any money.