Notices

nortech

Old 08-25-2003, 09:23 PM
xxx
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should check your facts!!!! Brian M of cape cod mass. just took delivery of a 42 that ran 115 MPH !!!! on a livorsi gps speedo. And then there is Brad Bensons boat with 900 mercs that runs 113 mph but don't take my word for it ask him. Oh and by the way a 42 outerlimits has a 9'2" beam and has 6' of headroom. with a stand up head with shower. The boat in cape cod I am speaking of is a stand up version and not a gtx. If it were a gtx it would run over 120 mph. As for being informative maybe you should read the ol web sight for the exact specifications. I have no problem with the nt and think they are great boats, I just think since this thread started with someone looking for information about two different boats the information should be acurate.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Registered

I think both the Nor-Tech and the Outerlimits are comparable. The OT does have a 9.2 foot beam and 6'+ of headroom. They weigh a similar amount. As for the speeds, I don't know what the NTs run but I'd suspect, like T2x said, that with equal power they probably run pretty close to each other. Either way, I stand by my original post, they are each at the top of the performance boat pyramid in terms of style, performance, status and quality. You cannot go wrong with either one.

Ignore all the bs chest thumping and visit the factories. Go for some rides and you'll know which one is RIGHT FOR YOU and rest assured that the next time this conversation takes place, they'll be using YOUR boat as the example upon which someone will stake his or her testorerone claims.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Registered

Last edited by h2owarrior; 08-25-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:17 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by xxx
Ok tx2 how fast will a43' Nort-tech go with a pair of 900sc's
or with tripple 575 sc's with bravos????
I have a friend with a 42' ol with merc 900's that runs 115mph on gps. and know of another with tripple bravos and 575 mercs that runs 102mph on gps.

As for big power how about Bob Russels 42 gtx that ran 138 at the shoot out at loto in one mile.....how many vee bottom pleasure boats have the ability to do that........NONE. It looks like the secret is that an outerlimits can handle the horsepower and 140 mph speeds. By the way the last time I checked the merc spec sheet the 900sc still runs on 92 octane fuel and uses transmisions.

And I think the answer to the first question about the nor-tech speed with 900 hp is just about 100 mph so it must be some magic pixie dust that allows the Outerlimits to run 15 mph faster.
Good grief!........

At the end of the day all we're talking about here is Vee bottoms. A monohull is essentially a monohull and power and setup means a lot. The OL's have not been particularly competitive in real races. They do dominate in Poker runs.....But!!!!..... They envariably have twice the power of most other mono hulls.....and the company owner seems to drive the fastest one. At the NYC run they were basically the only big power vees at the event. But....bottom line............ Cats run rings around 'em every day.

Ol's biggest asset seems to be that they are better at marketing to people who can (or will) spring for monster motors....... This doesn't make them particularly bad boats........nor particularly good either.

I do question why there only seems to be shades of yellow, orange and red in their hull graphics pallette.

T2x
Old 08-26-2003, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally posted by GLH
Like Rush, once Mr. Luhrs chimes in there is not much to say after!!!
Ain't that the TRUTH!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:09 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I friend of ours that used to own a Black Thunder with monster power decided to dump it for another brand that would be more supportive.
He shopped two boats one was a O.L. the other a N.T.

His new Nor-Tech is called No Limits.

Just a story don't shoot me
Old 08-26-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered
Gold Member

How fast is Your friends NT with the big power?
Rock it ran 130 mph with 1200+ engines and it is a full stand up 42 OL shower and all. It also won every PXV class race it entered against cats and vees.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally posted by adam12
Rock it ran 130 mph with 1200+ engines and it is a full stand up 42 OL shower and all. It also won every PXV class race it entered against cats and vees.
Rock-It has a half cabin, not a full cabin and had 1200hp Eickerts. Ask Waterspeed about the boat, he's been out on it.

Last edited by Miller; 08-26-2003 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:39 AM
Registered

mr. Luhrs,

I take personal offence to the comment that cats run circles around my boats. You should look at the results of the loto shoot out and see how many cats did not run faster than my 42' vee bottom. In no way do I claim that a vee bottom is faster than a cat, there is no need to start that topic. Furthermore we do not only market to people who want big power, we have become a company that has been known for big horsepower because our boats perform well at 100mph plus speeds as well as cruising at 75 mph. I think we are the only company to guarantee 140mph performance in a 42' vee, or 130mph in a fully loaded 51'.
In the end it is up to the client as to which boat suits his or her needs, I would be proud to show my factory and my boats to any perspective client and show why we belive we build a great boat.
And mr. Luhrs, if you have any questions about my company or my boats feel free to call me at 401-253-7300. We have never officialy met but I have watched you as a kid on needle nose race films, I look forward to a proper introduction in the future.

Respectfully,

Mike Fiore
Old 08-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by adam12
Don't know and to be honest don't care.
More important things impress me like the attitude of the person that is lucky enough to have or not have the nicest or worst.
I'm not into the my dog is better than your dog crap all I wanted to share was another persons experience.

Quick Reply: nortech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.