Notices

nortech

Old 08-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ONLY thing I can't grasp, is why go 140+ in a pleasure Vee? When you have to spend $200+ for engines that have to be freshened every 25 hours or so, have crash boxes, no cockpit, all so that you can say your Vee is capable of 140+? I don't care what anyone says, thats not a comfortable or "pleasure" 140 either.

You end up with a million dollar Vee hull. If your going to spend a million or 6, 7, $800,000, why not throw the 1400-1500 hp into a 40-46ft cat and laugh your ass off at the guy in the vee as you blow by him at 160-170+ with throttle left?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Shane
Good Miller, you? I never heard back from you about the 1000 Islands and subsequently my buddy John went with me. Are you not going to London?
1000 Islands, what are you talking about? I left you a voicemail at work, sent you a PM here and responded to you on a thread about the poker run. When I didn't hear back from you I figured something came up. Oh well, bad communications I guess.

I am not going to London or Miami for the time being. Still have some unfinished work to do here.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Miller
1000 Islands, what are you talking about? I left you a voicemail at work, sent you a PM here and responded to you on a thread about the poker run. When I didn't hear back from you I figured something came up. Oh well, bad communications I guess.

I am not going to London or Miami for the time being. Still have some unfinished work to do here.
Never got the VM here! WTF? Yours is not the first either. I do not remember the PM and never saw the reply. What's up with that? I gues I AM deaf, dumb, blind and stupid! I spoke to our buddy from the "parking garage" in the 1000 Islands and due to that conversation I may be in NYC shortly. I will let you know when I hear more. For the time being it is TOP SECRET per his request!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:51 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Shane
Never got the VM here! WTF? Yours is not the first either. I do not remember the PM and never saw the reply. What's up with that? I gues I AM deaf, dumb, blind and stupid! I spoke to our buddy from the "parking garage" in the 1000 Islands and due to that conversation I may be in NYC shortly. I will let you know when I hear more. For the time being it is TOP SECRET per his request!
Shane:

Why do I think I'm listening in on priviledged patient/doctor communications when I read some of your threads?

Take two Prozacs and call me in the morning.

T2x
Old 08-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Troutly
And then sell it in a year or two when you find out there very few places you can run it SAFELY among other boaters and not be 10 miles offshore in the ocean

Exactly Trout.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good point cigracer, I guess it comes down to personal preference. Some people just like V-hulls over tunnels. I also think there is a big misconception about tunnels and their riding characteristics in rough water.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Registered

Let me know Shane. I'd be interested in what our friend had to say.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Registered

Ok.......let me preface my comments by saying the following before someone else brings it up:

1) I have owned an Outerlimits
2) I have been out in over a dozen Outerlimits and 1/2 dozen Nor-Techs
3) I sell Nor-Techs
4) Outerlimits and Nor-Tech are both sponsors of NJPPC (which I am the President of)

Both boats are without a doubt 2 of the finest V-Bottoms made today. I although believe that their consumers are quite different. (taking a broad stroke look at this - majority of their owners NOT ALL)

1). The Outerlimits consumer is a consumer that wants to be part of an elite group of owners. They want the best of the best and they have the urge to be the fastest on the water. The paint on most of the Outerlimit boats is very radical.

2) The Nor-Tech V-Hull consumer is a consumer that also wants the best of the best. The Nor-Tech V-Hull consumer is usually more concerned about crusing comfort and amenities (wet bar in the cockpits, diesel power, etc..). Nor-Tech also builds V-Hulls with big power that will go in excess of 100mph.
The Nor-Tech Cat consumer is more focused on speed like the Outerlimits customer)

Outerlimits and Nor-Tech consider each other their primary competitors (based on conversations I have had with both).

No matter which boat you choose, Outerlimits or Nor-Tech...they are both awesome boats. The only time a boat is not a good boat is if it does not meet the owner's needs in regard to what they want to do with the boat.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:02 PM
Registered

Do most of the Outerlimits and Nortechs with the big power still use crash boxes? I wasn't sure if something newer had been invented. That has definately got to make docking a nerve racking experience in a million dollar boat. Also, I have never been on a cat (but passed by plenty). How do they handle big waves say verse a v hull of the same length? Are they even better in rough water? I guess I've always wondered with the hulls basically creating lift if that lift makes them more (or less) stable.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Registered

Troutly,
Thanks for the pics. I had a great (although limited) time with you guys. I'm looking forward to next year.

As for the OL vs NT saga, I think we both build great boats. They have their thing we have ours. The advantage here is that you have two dedicated builders committed to excelence and aren't satisfied with "status quo". Now you have the luxury of choice.
So if your in this market give us both a fair shake and then you can make the best decision for your boating lifestyle.
Terry Sobo

Quick Reply: nortech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.