Notices

nortech

Old 08-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So T2x,

With regard to the 30 Shadow I ran, it was a triple as you well know and arguably one of, if not THE winningest boat in offshore history. Nicky would tell me to turn it harder and harder. It always felt like it was rolling out and in Key West in Mallory Square we even got WAAAYYYY up on the starboard sponson. Why did that happen?
Old 08-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Registered

Shane, go answer the newbie's cat questions and leave Rich alone! He only likes to talk about Skaters these days! Besides this is a thread about Nortechs and Outerlimits!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Sean
it was joey detore old boat...number 2 out of the mold, right?

quite possible that it was water logged as it sat for anumber of years befre i got it...
Actually Joey bought 2.....one became a plug for the first Superboat cat........ If you got that one........ well... let's just say it had a tough life and a lot of bad ideas put through it..... The second one....was black.... That one raced a bit and had a number of owners. The first 4 boats had a weakness in the forward strakes and we replaced two because of that. Joey's boat(s) were not replaced..........for obvious reasons.

T2x
Old 08-27-2003, 08:59 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Shane
So T2x,

With regard to the 30 Shadow I ran, it was a triple as you well know and arguably one of, if not THE winningest boat in offshore history. Nicky would tell me to turn it harder and harder. It always felt like it was rolling out and in Key West in Mallory Square we even got WAAAYYYY up on the starboard sponson. Why did that happen?
I know the boat.....Black Duck..... Multi world and National champion..... Built originally as a twin when P class maxed at 75 mph. With triples it set records every which way...but the average course length was probably 25 miles +...... and there were fewer and wider turns...... In a straightaway the middle motor gave you more power to blast along through big seas. If you rolled her up on a sponson with triples...I'm not surprised..... They don't turn worth a fiddlers _____ with a third motor.....but the twins..... I/O's or O/B's cornered very well....... Remember Luv-it and El Boss? No cornering issues with them.

T2x
Old 08-27-2003, 09:05 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Miller
Shane, go answer the newbie's cat questions and leave Rich alone! He only likes to talk about Skaters these days! Besides this is a thread about Nortechs and Outerlimits!
Actually... Darren just set his physically challenged world throttling record......in Bob Christie's beautiful 36' Nortech Cat ,"Perfect Storm"....... I must admit that boat got my attention in a lot of ways.......

I love Skaters and think that Peter is at the top of the mountain...but Nortech has come a long way up the slope with their offerings as well.

T2x

P.S. I don't get all gooey over ANYBODY's vee bottoms....not even Mr Hledin's.......unless, of course, it's a Shadow 21.

Last edited by T2x; 08-27-2003 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by T2x
Actually... Darren just set his physically challenged world throttling record......in Bob Christie's beautiful 36' Nortech Cat ,"Perfect Storm"....... I must admit that boat got my attention in a lot of ways.......

I love Skaters and think that Peter is at the top of the mountain...but Nortech has come a long way up the slope with their offerings as well.

T2x

P.S. I don't get all gooey over ANYBODY's vee bottoms....not even Mr Hledin's.......unless, of course, it's a Shadow 21.
T2x, if you keep evolving like this you'll no longer be OBSOLETE! That's not a prospect I like to think about. What would the world be like if you were relevant???

Congratulate Darren for his record. That's awesome. Some day I'll get him to give me some throttling advice.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big congratulations to Darren on his record!

The boat I owned was the black one...named HMS Dea Won when I bought it. The bottom had some work done to it if i recall correctly. I remember wet sanding the entire bottom to remove the orange peel. I was then told that it was that way for a reason---to create turbulence and generate lift...

the boat had two saddle tanks and large center tank mounted on the floor which i removed. i can see how removing that tank would change the CG, in retrospect, i should have just used it and not the saddle tanks? Anyway, i think the boat is in Babylon now...

now back to our regularly scheduled programming...