Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Hits Car This Morning....... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57502-boat-hits-car-morning.html)

Dock Holiday 08-21-2003 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not a good picture, but if you look to the far right you can just make out the causeway.

It is about 12 to 15 feet up to the interstate at about a 70 degree angle. And it is all ROCKS!

We anchor at this spot all the time. It is a great area.
Hard to imagine how anyone could hit it even at night with the car and truck headlights unless you were drunk!

Sydwayz 08-21-2003 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Definately a small Baja, and probably the 20 Outlaw.

Sydwayz 08-21-2003 02:37 PM

Do you think the person in the passenger seat was holding two beers right after the driver said "Hold my beer and watch this chit. James Bond eat your heart out."

Roger 1 08-21-2003 02:53 PM

I`ll bet that there are a couple of ''quarter'' sized chunks missing from the the seats as well.

Luv-N-It 08-21-2003 02:55 PM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Do you think the person in the passenger seat was holding two beers right after the driver said "Hold my beer and watch this chit. James Bond eat your heart out."
:D :D :D No, I think he said "Doc Holiday" eat your heart out! Your Baja can't do this:p :D :eek:

Roger 1 08-21-2003 03:16 PM

This is exactly why you should always wear clean underwear and never leave your fenders out while underway. Even if it is dark out.

jb 08-21-2003 03:28 PM

As long as everyone is out of danger of loss of life we can poke fun at this...

Luv-N-It 08-21-2003 03:36 PM

I agree. And I think Doc knows me well enough that it should be taken in its context. If I have offended someone, its not meant to be taken that way and I'm glad Doc this incident did not involve your friend.

However, if innocent people were injured, and reading the article I did not interpret this, then the jokes should not offend anyone if the idiots were drunk!

This drinking and boating is really making a mess of things here in Ohio since that accident on the Ohio river. I'm all for having a few beers, but people should be responsible!:hothead:

Dock Holiday 08-21-2003 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
:D :D :D No, I think he said "Doc Holiday" eat your heart out! Your Baja can't do this:p :D :eek:
HE HE HE HE

I don't drink and boat, but if I did something stupid like this you would see me still in the water!!!!!!! On the other side!!!

I think if you hit it just right with enough speed you could go over all four lanes and land in the small lake on the other side of the interstate where they water ski.:D

Anyone got a boat I can use?

How far will a 36 travel in the air if it hit this 70 degree incline at 75 MPH. From water to water is around 80 to 100 feet total in this area.

We can joke, but this is serious, these guys really messed up and could die if not end up with permanent injuries.

Luv-N-It 08-21-2003 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Dock Holiday
HE HE HE HE

I think if you hit it just right with enough speed you could go over all four lanes and land in the small lake on the other side of the interstate where they water ski.:D

Good day mate, how about some shrimp on the barby grillin' while your chilllin on the board.