Notices

Dennis Rodman

Old 08-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GLH
He'll be broke in five years, just like Tyson.
I don't think so dude. I don't know the company he has his hand in-made financial investment-but I know its a major 500 fortune company now and he owns a HUGE % of it. Made a stupid investment in it, and it turned out huge rewards for him. Also, he is a major stock holder in several other companies too (don't know them either) but believe me, this guy will end up in jail before he runs out of money.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

He also owns a large Excavating Company in Texas, but I don't know the name of it.
I used to not like him either, but someone pointed out to me one day that all his crazy "antics" he normally does gives him alot of media attention and keeps him in the spotlight. Like him or not, he does a good job of it. Last I heard, his bar in Newport was doing really bad.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Registered

remember one time the boat came back to DSM and the windsheild was broken (before the race fairing) and there was blood all over the inside of the boat. Hmm??? I wonder what happened.

Maybe he hit a seagull
Old 08-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Registered

The name of the excavating company is Rodman Excavation in Frisco TX. He doesn't own it anymore, and he hasn't for some time. He sold out right before it exploded into a multi-million dollar company had he held onto it, it would probably have gone bankrupt. The man has no financial sense whatsoever, and someday, he will be broke and probably in jail.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Allan4

He is an idiot and I don't care for him....but the man is brilliant at self promotion. Yes, b-ball made him a ton of $$, but the self promotion has done a ton for him too.

Love him or hate him....he is bigtime successful......

He's too smart to run outta $$. Tyson is a thug with not brains, but Rodamn has sense.

He and Dieon Sanders are the best self promoters I have ever seen.....

Old 08-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Hey Lonestar38zx, it's interseting he sold out. I see his trucks around all the time in the DFW area so I guess it is still doing good. As far as his boat on Texoma, that thing is one loud Fountain (I think). It was kept at Loe's Highport and I always admired that boat (until now)! I haven't seen it for well over a year now and the slip (huge apartment overhead) it was at is always empty!
Old 08-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Registered

Not to jump on the Rodman bandwagon, but he is a good father to his daughter and makes sure she has what she needs.

His ex-wife has a real nice place around the corner from us. She used to date a buddy of mine (after the divorce), he would tell me stories of how Dennis would still take care of both of them.

Maybe a bad boy image, but a softie at heart.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Registered

I thought his bar in Newport Burnt to the ground?
Old 08-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Lonestar38zx
The name of the excavating company is Rodman Excavation in Frisco TX. He doesn't own it anymore, and he hasn't for some time. He sold out right before it exploded into a multi-million dollar company had he held onto it, it would probably have gone bankrupt. The man has no financial sense whatsoever, and someday, he will be broke and probably in jail.
That is one of the companies he still owns, although it may appear he sold out, but I may be wrong, he is a silent partner now. This company donated a lot of time/equipment towards a non-profit organization someplace in Texas for a boys home.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

i'm not claiming to like or dislike the guy but..........

the truth is that he probably does more good that bad, however, the only thing we ever hear about is the bad antics. he is truly a piece of work. he is also my NEIGHBOR! we always hear about his partying, etc. he definitely does some wacky stuff. on another note, 90% of the time, he is actually quiet, polite and very generous to a lot of strangers. You rarely if ever hear him speak, and when he does, you hear a lot of propper english, yes mam, no mam, yes, thank you-no thank you etc. i'd say there are always a lot of people, male and female that hang all over him, beg for rides and his attention and are usually the ones that are unruley.

his former 43' scarab "no autographs" was last owned by a local restaurant owner here in newport.

oh, and that incident of a smashed winshield on the 47 fountain.....i understood last that he had stuffed the boat on a swell off our coast. i don't know who or how bad the injuries were. he was fairly new to the boat at the time.

his resaurant/bar is still packing them in in newport from what i witness on the weekends and can be found there much of the time. it did have a fire, but was repaired and back in operation in a couple of months or so.

i wouldn't want to be hanging by him anywhere close, as i wouldn't want to be assiciated with any of the negative behavior. i just think things are blown up dramatically any chance anyone has. he doesn't help himself much in this area, but the guy never has any peace either.

but what do it know? just my experience living next to the guy.

Last edited by Blonde Cig Chick; 08-22-2003 at 02:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Dennis Rodman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.