Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NEW trim tabs- 'neccessity' is the mother of invention. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57576-new-trim-tabs-neccessity-mother-invention.html)

Pantera1 10-02-2003 02:45 PM

No tabs

Ive have no tabs on the boat right now and it needs em for when the fat chicks are on the passenger side ..Also Ive got my motors real high and 30 inches back for max speed but it porpoises like hell between 40 and 60.. Bought a set of kiekhaufer 280's and realized the upper part of the bracket wouldnt fit as my outboard bracket is in the way ..

martiniboat 10-02-2003 03:39 PM

LOL, No problem, I've got you covered with my latest and greatest Victory trim tab. Limited edition 'FCO
version' or put another way, 'Fat Chick Override' version. NEVER again will those almighty beasts take control of your hull! This rare version also comes with a very special 'ejectoid' button, quite useful when you've simply 'had enough'.:cool:

But seriously, the dual ram version would be perfect, I can see you have a pretty trick setup, that thing must fly! All I can provide you with, at least at this time, are the tabs themselves, you would have to pick up a Bennett dual ram tab setup.ie. pump, rams, helm control.

Sincerely,
Brian Kamrath

martiniboat 10-06-2003 06:51 AM

...one more thing, are the 280s' for sale?

B

Pantera1 10-06-2003 03:47 PM

soldem

Sorry I soldem about a year ago..

martiniboat 10-06-2003 05:29 PM

No problem, I've been looking for a pair for display purposes at the shop, showing the K's and then the Victory replacement right beside them. Sort of a 'before and after'. They don't have to be perfect, in fact, I'd prefer them to be in terrible shape since I will bead blast and coat them myself for the display.

I have two dual-ram sets in black, packaged and on the shelf right now, all others are being built. Let me know if you need a set.

Thanks,
Brian Kamrath, customizing the H2O world

martiniboat 10-16-2003 07:59 AM

Anyone have an old set of K's that I could use for a display?

Brian

Cignificant 10-16-2003 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Are these 280's? If so we can work something out...

martiniboat 10-16-2003 08:47 AM

Hi Steve, I'm not 100% sure. I believe the 280's are 14" wide and 19" long. I haven't done a lot of research pertaining to the various styles of K-planes and having said that, maybe there aren't as many styles as I think. What I AM sure of is that someone here will know the whole story on the different sizes.

Brian Kamrath

P.S. Now I'm curious, I'll do a search.

martiniboat 10-16-2003 08:57 AM

Whoa!, that was a quick turnaround time! Thanks Too Old.

Brian

Cignificant 10-18-2003 08:57 AM

Just confirming - they are 14" x 19". I'll be in touch in a week or so to get shipping details...