Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NEW trim tabs- 'neccessity' is the mother of invention. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57576-new-trim-tabs-neccessity-mother-invention.html)

Wildfire 12-28-2003 09:37 AM

Brian,

Looks like a great product - functional and good looking.

Just curious, but have you considered using another type of cylinder to move the tabs? Would something like a trim cylinder work? Obviously, it would require a little different mounting system, but nothing that couldn't be overcome.

BTW, my Magnum has a set of single rams on it. I'll be in touch when the time comes. Keep up the good work.

martiniboat 12-28-2003 02:52 PM

HP500efi- The Victory tabs are powdercoated and there are many, many colours to choose from. Just go to Tiger Drylac on the web.(powder supplier)

Wildfire- Lots of ideas for actuator cylinders have passed through my head as well as utilizing the trim cylinders, however, too much work would be required to make it feasible. Building a cylinder from the ground up, I feel, would be more cost effective. I'll be offering my own system in the future complete with pump, rams switches and accessories. In the meantime I'm pretty involved with retrofit systems. I appreciate your interest and feedback! Let me know when you're ready for a pair. (intro price good till April 01/04)

Thanks, Brian

Cignificant 12-29-2003 05:32 AM

Originally posted by martiniboat
Hello Steve, I left a message at your work number but that was just before the holidays and you've likely been out of the office. Could you send me a home number? I've got some questions regarding the stainless Victory version for the K-planes.

How's the boat coming along? Did the painting turn out well?

804-564-5314

The boat is the reason I haven't been in the office much. We whited it out this past weekend, and the graphics start going on this week.

martiniboat 12-29-2003 01:28 PM

It was good talking to you this morning Steve. I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

Brian

Cignificant 12-30-2003 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Brian.

Here's the transom your new tabs will be bolted to (there's a lot of reflection on the paint - the clear coat is still wet)...

martiniboat 12-30-2003 09:32 PM

It looks like a perfect backdrop to display the Victory K-plane upgrade tabs. That will definitely earn a brochure photo!:D

Brian

martiniboat 12-31-2003 07:45 AM

Steve, almost forgot, what's the 'closed' center to center on your K-plane hyd. ram pins?

Are you painting the rams the same colour as the transom?

B

Cignificant 01-01-2004 12:39 PM

8.5"

zahndok 01-12-2004 03:10 PM

Brian, Can't wait to install my St16 replacements with the different bolt pattern. Did you take any pictures of how they turned out while I wait? For those still considering these, Brian was very accomodating and great to work with. even making up a new hole pattern for my application.

Thanks, Dave

martiniboat 01-12-2004 05:32 PM

Hi Dave, sorry, I didn't snap any pics of your ST16 'asymetrical' 10-bolt pattern before shipping. :(

You'll just have to wait till Christmas like all the other little...er..wait a minute...:D that's old news! You'll just have to wait for your 'post' Christmas booty. I think you'll be quite happy, they look fantastic...

...Patients grasshopper, 'patients'... (pun intended) For those who don't know, Dave is a dentist.:D

Brian