If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

My Boats:
    1984 Chris Cat
    Troy, Mich

Gas prices jumped $ .10 per gallon On August 21st at about 10am. This is just in time for the extended Labor Day week (one week before)- Many schools start late August and people go North this weekend.

Avg Unleaded about 1.75
    Premium about 1.93

What changed overnite? NOTHING!!!!!!!!

This is Petroleum company greed.

My Boats:
    162 scout flats 90 merc
    eden nc
    1.89 for 93 jump 20 % over night we have the highest gass in the state of nc but we drive to va and get it cheaper

My Boats:
    Hustler 388
    Just filled the boat up 1.65 a gall 93 oct, at the truck stop. $303.00 hope it last a while .If it goes up to what yall talking about thats going to hurt. Haven't bought any race gas for the race cars in a while ,could not image what its going to cost when i start back this fall.

Boost makes up for Cubic Inchs

My Boats:
    boat less
    gas is out of control,there are now 3 things in life, death ,taxes ,and gas,what a way to live, you pay for all 3 and they are only going to go up. i remember with the first gulf war that premium gas was like.92 a gallon and now the rape of the consumer is as strong as ever today

My Boats:
    Formula 271 sr1 1993
    Arendal Norway
    Due to the gas prizes diesel engines will probably be more and more popular in boats in the us, just as they are in scandinavia.

Diesel engines are more efficient and we will see bigger diesels on sterndrive in the future.

Take a look at this article I found and look att the fuel consuption on each engine...

Latest new I have heard regarding diesel engines is that volvo is comming with a new diesel wch will produse 415hp at 3600rpm and it will be available on sterndrives.

Where I live the gas prizes are aprox 4,85us$ for a gallon of gas.

1 gallon of diesel is 2,68us$.

thats the main reason that you see alot of diesel powered boats in scandinavia..

Kjetil Johansen

My Boats:
    1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    I am so bad my 12mph tbird is toast, i get 25 in my truck Boat gets good mileage too, about a 1/4 tank will get me down the lake and back quite a few times.

Charter Member #1251 Charter Member BAJA342's Avatar
    My Boats:
    performace boating, nascar, hockey
    wilm. de.
    Paid $ 1.54 for 89 on 8/16/03. Same station 1 week later $ 1.74. Almost sh%^ myself.!! They are blaming it on the black out and the pipe line trouble in AZ!!!!!

My Boats:
    1996 Fountain 29 Fever
    Houston, TX
    $1.99 for 93 at the marina this weekend, but they said they haven't raised their prices yet. The prices on the road seem to have levelled off for the moment.

Aliso Viejo, CA.
    We paid $2.89 on Sat. in Long Beach and the ***** gave us all kinds of attitude because the boat was to loud. She didn't have any problem snatching the $400.00 dollars out of my hand though.

Drive to arrive alive!!! Platinum Member WARPARTY36's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2014 Cigarette 39 GTS
    Originally posted by open72
    gas is out of control,there are now 3 things in life, death ,taxes ,and gas,what a way to live, you pay for all 3 and they are only going to go up. i remember with the first gulf war that premium gas was like.92 a gallon and now the rape of the consumer is as strong as ever today
    Worse than that is the outrageous life insurance premiums we have to pay so we can afford to pay the DEATH TAXES!!(inheritance) That is such crap, we have already paid tax on that money umteen times.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast