LOTO Shoot Out Kicked Our Butts !! Good Story *READ* >

LOTO Shoot Out Kicked Our Butts !! Good Story *READ*

Notices

LOTO Shoot Out Kicked Our Butts !! Good Story *READ*

Old 08-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO Shoot Out Kicked Our Butts !! Good Story *READ*

Well we went to run the boat praying for good enough water to lay down a pass that would be difficult to beat.

Already decided if the boat flies too much it is not worth trashing the drive so we will just have a good time watching.

The boat was fast enough but not quite big enough.

THE PLAN: Get out early the first day before the lake gets stirred up too bad - Get the boat on plane - trim it to the normal good starting point - cruise along at about 90 or so - Ease it to wide open at a pre selected land mark - tap the trim up as I go through the timimg area at the end. Hopefully register a 130ish MPH pass.

Sounds easy enough.

What actually happened Went out first thing the first day - most other smaller boats had the same idea - was # 29 to run - running over the game plan in my mind - Listening to about the 22nd boat to run, I hear him nail it near the end, sounded really good, I looked down track and see his boat launch straight up into the sky. A 24 SS HTM. I'm thinking Holly **** !! - The cell phone rings it is Kevin from Mid West Powerboats. - He says "Are you sure you still want to run that thing"? - so we float around for another 45 minutes or so before they kick it off again - The owner calls me up to let me know where the big boats are really bouncing around - I was thinking the pause in the racing should have helped with calm water. time to race I get the boat on plane - start accelerating - hit the trim button and almost instantly the boat launches out of the water - comes back down and launches again - I trim it all the way down and it launches again - needless to say I am off guard now since the plan is not working out - I have to race trimmed all the way down? - running along at 98 and I find it necessary to take my hand off of the throttle to hang on to the wheel with both hands - running along and the boat looses power and slows - I think that I trashed the drive from all of the jumping out of the water - (figured out later the throttle bounced back) - driving mistake - get back into the throttle and it launched far enough to necessitate yanking the throttle back still think the drive might be hurt - running about 60 MPH now - get back on it and I am way past the land mark to start the Kamikaze run planned - run through the timimg area getting on the trim button look down and see 90 on the speedo.

Register a whopping 88 MPH pass.

I'm thinking maybe I would have rather crashed and burned - trashed the drive - or blew up the engine than face everyone with such an impressive pass in a 130 MPH boat.

Actually it was a good experience since the boat is not hurt - I am not hurt and we saw a **** load of awesome boats.

Live and learn.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:34 PM
TulsaLarry

Great story and the ending was good in that you and the boat are safe. Sorry you didn't get anywhere close to that 130 number, maybe next time.

Old 08-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Thanks Larry.

It only took 103 MPH to blow over that HTM and it is a bigger boat. 103 per my friend's radar gun.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Registered

Cool The real question is...

...did you fire up the BBQ afterward?
Old 08-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Registered

Okie...Beer Can Chicken...?
Old 08-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Allan4

hahaha...good story, glad you were able to hang on to it...

Old 08-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Registered

Default Re: The real question is...

Originally posted by Havasu Hangin
...did you fire up the BBQ afterward?
Nothin like an inside joke HH and also JBB.

Not much beach at LOTO only bluffs.

No beer can bar-b-que to bee seen
Old 08-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cat: I too thought it took the rescue boats way too long to get there. AND AT A FUND RAISER FOR THE LAKE FIRE AND RESCUE NO LESS!!!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I ran on Sunday and the water was absolutly perfect. A slight chop with a gentle head wind. No rollers at all.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:19 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Chart
Cat: I too thought it took the rescue boats way too long to get there. AND AT A FUND RAISER FOR THE LAKE FIRE AND RESCUE NO LESS!!!!!
I heard they had to pull up their anchor... 80 ft of water at least... Surprises me that they didn't have a float of some sort or just cut the line....

Quick Reply: LOTO Shoot Out Kicked Our Butts !! Good Story *READ*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.