Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who does Anodizing? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57683-who-does-anodizing.html)

US1 Fountain 08-24-2003 10:05 PM

Who does Anodizing?

Have an aluminum swim ladder that is powdercoated. The coating is peeling off and now would like to have it anodized red to match the bezels on the dash. Don't want to recoat it, nor polish and clearcoat.

Anyone know where I might get this done?
Thanks

Playn 08-24-2003 10:18 PM

You might try AACOA. Their anodizing plant is located in Elkhart, IN. I don't know if they do small quanities but it never hurts to ask.

AACOA
ANODIZING
2551 Country Road 10
Elkhart . Indiana 46514
tel: 574-262-4685
fax: 574-262-3439

Their Anodizing website is here

candyman35 08-24-2003 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
US1 Fountain,
Are you sure that they are anodized? Mine were Powder coated by Gorilla Powder Coating in Crestwood, IL. Greg, the owner, use to do Gaffrig's Gauges and Bezel's. Does your red look transparent? Has it ever faded? Let me know if you need a number.
Dan

US1 Fountain 08-24-2003 11:25 PM

Playin,
thanks. Will check into it.

Dan,
It is for a buddy of mine on his Powerquest. Mine are Purple. I have since replace the original steering wheel with a purple MOMO wheel. Looks kewl!
I thought the bezels were anodized. I did not know that powdercoating can give a clear translucant appearance as your dash picture shows. My white powdercoated rails all look more like paint. Different types of PC'ing?

rws 08-25-2003 06:00 AM

International Hardcoat in Detroit will do Colored Anodizing.They used to Gold Anodize parts from the Race boats.We still send stuff to them (Cookware) from Work.

Rob
12400 Burt
Detroit Mi 48228
313-535-3210

SLINGSHOT 08-25-2003 07:34 AM

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
Playin,
thanks. Will check into it.

Dan,
It is for a buddy of mine on his Powerquest. Mine are Purple. I have since replace the original steering wheel with a purple MOMO wheel. Looks kewl!
I thought the bezels were anodized. I did not know that powdercoating can give a clear translucant appearance as your dash picture shows. My white powdercoated rails all look more like paint. Different types of PC'ing?

different types of powder....white is a solid base, the purple uses a silver base with a tinted clear top coat:)

cougarman 08-25-2003 08:23 AM

Check this out.

I THINK YOU'LL LIKE IT>

Cougarman

candyman35 08-25-2003 09:22 AM

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
Different types of PC'ing?
That is correct. He even does the metallic colors also that can sit in the sun and not fade. I'm sure there are other Powder Coaters who can do the same thing.

Are you using the CRT with the new wheel? Either way I'd still love to see a picture. I have been thinking about motiving the Imco wheel to use the CRT. I don't want another Dune Buggy wheel. ;)

CougarMan,
Nice site. I could spend lots of money there.
Dan