Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who will be on the Chesapeake this Weekend?? >

Who will be on the Chesapeake this Weekend??

Notices

Who will be on the Chesapeake this Weekend??

Old 08-27-2003, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks for interest. It is a 1974, 27' Magnum Sport, the engine boxes, and paint/gelcoat are factory orginal - the boat is always trailered (never kept in the water), and is garage kept. It started (in 1974 with the 395 Tempest engine package (350cu small blocks) from MerCruiser. It has a set of LS6's (454's), normally aspirated, since 1988, very dependable. It has the original TRS drives. It will run in the low to mid 80's NO BS, it has NEVER ran 90 (as long as my father has had it). Typically either me or my father is driving. He likes to put in at Hargroves in Westville, NJ and go north on the Delaware river upto Trenton Marine, or he will put in at Salem, NJ and go down the C&D to the northern Chesapeake. My father likes to bull****, so if ever want to talk to him do not hesitate, he is pretty sharp when it comes to engines, drives, the mechanical arena, he does his own wrenching (motors, drives, ...) His name is Alan, and I am Steve, look forward to seeing you on the water.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old School That sure is a clean old magnum you guys have. You are right your dad will race anybody. He jumped me twice in the last 5-7 years both times I was in different 100mph cat boats. He seems I a good guy, maybe we will see you this weekend.
Michael 30' motion
Old 08-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old school, Ike owned my 28 Apache when he raced your father.He told me it was the best side by side race he was ever in I wont be back out for another month I hope we have an indian summer and i can get out a few more times.

John Norcross
Old 08-28-2003, 08:20 AM
BJM
Registered

I was also jumped by the Hairy Canary twice. Runs neck and neck with my 28 Pantera. Have bull****ted with Alan and Steve on more than one occasion in Lloyds creek. Very nice people! I'll be in Lloyds on Sunday-Monday.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

Where is Lloyds Creek? Or what restaurant/bar is in the area (i know names of bars not creeks )
Old 08-28-2003, 08:56 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Old School, I'm having steering issues with the Active, but i may be able to bum a ride from someone. I'll call the bead man and see if he can get the flashin' started!!

Warpaint, good deal!!! What are you and the wife doin' friday night? Give me a buzz.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:57 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Perf, Lloyds is on the Sassafras River. 1st cove on the right. Big cliff and a small channel. Lots of boats!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: Labor Day weekend

Originally posted by 43Thunder
We will probably go to the Bay. Might go to Solomon's Island and may venture more north. Playing it by ear - seeing what the weather will do.

Flag us down if you see us.

Patti and Bill
Hey Bill,

That was me in the 29 Outlaw at the Tiki Bar on Saturday. I tried to strike up a conversation with you guys but none of you seemed interested in talking – oh well…
Old 08-31-2003, 06:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be there in my mind, but my body will tell me other wise!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered

29 OUTLAW - Sorry we were not very friendly. The mechanism between the shifter cable and the tranny broke and we were trying to fix it in that heat/humidity. We were not having much luck finding places to buy nuts and screws on that dinky little island. Our friend in the Silverton behind you walked all over trying to find a hardware store of some sort. Bill was really not feeling well and laid down in the cabin in the AC most of the evening. Might have had a little bit of heat stroke. Next time we see you, let us apologize by buying you a round or two.

I did try to assist you in tying up but the two gentlemen in the boat in front of you seemed to have it under control.

Again, sorry for not being talkative. Tried to PM you but you don't have it on.

Take care.
Patti and Bill

Last edited by 45sonic; 09-02-2003 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Who will be on the Chesapeake this Weekend??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.