Notices

Alabama Was Great

Old 08-26-2003, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alabama Was Great

Alabama was everything they promised. The entire course was visible from almost any condo, hotel room or beach location. The people were friendly and really excited about us being there. The promotion of the event was well beyond anything boat racing (offshore anyway) has seen for many years. They want to become a powerboat powerhouse. I for one hope they succeed. How about a series in one location?

Some bad news for people who love the old SBI. Top three guys in our class almost missed the awards ceremonies. Their motors were being disassembled by the inspector.
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

As I've said before I have always been an APBA fan and this was my first SBI race. I must say this was one of the best races I've attended. Great view of the course,great access to dry pits,great access to the racers parties,it was a wonderful weekend.Gary Nichols and his crew did a great job, we will be back next year.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:18 PM
VIP Member

Default Orange County

You said it, What a great location, They deserve the worlds. I have never seen such a public outcry for offshore racing!!! Great to see everyone, see ya in NY
Old 08-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Registered

I second that steve:I was thinking about what was the best part, But it was all GREAT. From the airlines to the CONDO to (LIVE BAIT) across the street,(Party's every night and awards held there)To the pits wet and dry great access. SBI and crew, Gary Nichols and crew. My hat is off to yall. See next year!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Registered

I feel it was more than promised
Old 08-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Congratuations on what sounds like a great event. Here's to OFFSHORE RACING....
Old 08-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Registered

Thank you all for coming and putting on one hell of a show and I got to be part of the history trying to keep up with David!From what Reggie Fountain and Bobby Moore said it was the largest spectator turnout they had seen in all of their years of racing and every team I talked to said it was their most race!We are very proud of you and our community.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Gary, your race is what we all had in mind when we got into Offshore. Orange Beach should be a model for our future. All racers were invited and everyone received air time, royal treatment and Sunday (premier day) racing.

I hope the powers in Offshore will take a page from your book. When the motivation is a love of the sport. And the racers are treated with the respect they deserve. Everything falls into place. Bridges were built in Orange Beach Alabama. Our hats are off to you. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Bloobyyou

It was a grand time, nice folks ,good food and great racing. Would not miss it next year for the world.....

Old 08-28-2003, 09:25 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Just bringing this back ttt,cause with a conflicting schedule a lot of us had to make a choice. Maybe next year we can all party,poker run and race together.I heard that Sarasota was great,I know Alabama was great cause we were there.There is a year to work things out,maybe it can happen.

Quick Reply: Alabama Was Great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.