Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   wHO IS DOING THE ST. PETE TO SARASOTA POKER RUN? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57842-who-doing-st-pete-sarasota-poker-run.html)

cuda 08-27-2003 07:17 AM

Originally posted by Velocity Tom
I think there will be a bunch of boats there.
I beleive there were 74 boats last year.

Velocity Tom 08-27-2003 04:31 PM

Just ran the boat on the hose every thing looks good for this weakend. I hope and pray.

Formula Outlaw 08-27-2003 05:46 PM

Well, what I'd hoped was a bad shifter cable isn't. As some of you know, my port outdrive stuck itself in reverse Saturday afternoon while doing my deal at the SOS races. Bad news: it seems some stupid ring that is welded to a gear or something became unwelded, and I've got to replace the whole stinking top end because of what looks like a twenty dollar part. They don't just sell "the part", Mercruiser wants to get rich. And basically it's the old "if one part of it breaks, you gotta replace everything" syndrome. I'm looking at
$ 2400.00. It sucks. I mean I just had both propshafts, seals, trailer axle, on and on and on. My wife is ready to castrate me. So I will be at the Salty Dog Saturday handing out cards with a big barrel next to me for donations. Just kidding. I'm starting to see why some people prefer outboards.

Johno 08-27-2003 06:39 PM

Sat

I'll be riding with Cuda(Thanks Joes), once again I'm boatless, something always goes wrong before a long weekend or Poker Run. The next boat will be an OB.
Formula Outlaw..it gets tough explaining to the wife:eek:

Donzi Corleone 08-27-2003 08:17 PM

SO FAR YOUR RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!! The 2 Promax 300x`s are good on fuel and no maintence other then oil resevoirs are full. But I do miss that thunderous v`8 sound.These are not quiet by no means,they sound like a P-51 mustang in a dive.

Impulse42 08-27-2003 08:21 PM

Leaving 10th St. ramp in Sarasota at 8:30 AM
Sat. Will do a slow run to St. Pete.

NASTY HABIT 08-27-2003 08:46 PM

Seeya there Impulse42...not sure about a slow run to St Pete though....1st post eh ? welcome to this mess

cuda 08-27-2003 08:53 PM

Originally posted by NASTY HABIT
1st post eh ? welcome to this mess
After being registered for two and a half years! Guess he's no post ho!:D

Formula Outlaw 08-27-2003 10:14 PM

Cuda, Feb. 2002 to Aug. 2003 is ONE YEAR and a half. I'll give you a five dollar bill for a ten. snicker snicker snicker....

Formula Outlaw 08-27-2003 10:16 PM

Cuda, I'm the one whose screwed up. I looked at the wrong post. I'm still in "sticker shock" about my outdrive. Actually I'm absolutely ballistic about the cost.
Sorry. I owe you a beer.