If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And winner of todays dumba$$ award is.......

Today I replaced a bad starter on starboard motor.
    Turn key and nothing happens, jump power to starter, it cranks hmmm......go to store to buy beer, come home jump power to slave solenoid and starter cranks
    bad solenoid, rush to Kunkels Marine to buy new solenoid from JOJO, come home hook it up turn key........nothing FU#K!, scratch head drink another beer, glance up at helm and stoopid shift lever was bumped out of neutral DOH!!

And the moral of this story is, dont get in a hury

Charter Member #1055/Moderator Charter Member GO4BROKE's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 386
    I  Voted
    Maybe you should have drank the beer first...

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    It never seems to fail BEERDIAGNOSTICS!!!!!! Can't figure it out,drink more beer until the problem SMACKS ya in the face

Just a thought but one to ponder!!!!!

Maybe you should have saved the Beer for when the job was done and had one hell of a celebration with all them there beers!!!!!!

But hey at this point whatever is done is done and she is up and runnin so we get to go play on that there
    C-gar boat this weekend.....

YaHooooooo about time...

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    "And winner of todays dumba$$ award is.......ME"
    I can't disagree...

That sucks dude...I hate doing unnecessary work.

My Boats:
    Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
    Toledo Oh
    Originally posted by GO4BROKE
    Maybe you should have drank the beer first...
    I agree.

Brick, NJ
    I have today's dumbass award..... I was at work today when I was called to a gas station in a local town(I am a paramedic). The assignment was for a "man's head caught in a lift?" here's the story. A local tow truck driver was dropping off a broken down vehicle at the gas station. It was a flatbed type tow truck. After safely placing the car on the ground the operator of the tow truck started sliding the flat bed back into position....apparently, the bed was almost back in position when he noticed a hydraulic line kinked. He bent over to unkink it and in the process of doing so....somehow he smushed his head between the frame of the truck and the moving hydraulic lift bed. OUCH!! I think that this may somehow qualify for a Darwin award...what do you think?

P.S.- He did'nt die....broken jaw, fractured skull and internal brain hemorrhage....but, he did'nt die

Oh My God.......There is a "Hey that isn't funny...Funny"

Well Thrillseeker I think that one is one up on ya...Feel better now....still no excuse for that added work you had to do...hehehe!!!

My Boats:
    162 scout flats 90 merc
    eden nc
    and i thought you were talking about me .

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    I hate to admit it , but I feel as though I should be in the running myself.
    Late Saturday pulling the boat out at low tide on a slippery ramp I had to use my 4 wheel drive for the first time. Now , I bought my F350 PSD last April (after any snow), so I never had a chance to truly test it. Well....after making a fool of myself slipping and sliding and spinning the wheels(rear), rocking it and cursing it , because the auto front hubs didn't work , I tore them apart today. THEY WERE MANUAL HUBS
    The hubs were solid black plastic and the lock/unlock lettering had come off(used vehicle) so they looked like dumby caps that would be on the auto hubs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mopower; 08-27-2003 at 07:35 PM.
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast