Notices

Tyvek Covers

Old 04-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Tyvek Covers

I just recieved my Stratus Tyvek cover from Overtons and its about one foot short Unfortunately its the largest one I could find (28' boat, but the 28' cover doesn't fit). Does anybody know where to find larger Tyvek covers? Thanks...Steve
Old 04-16-2002, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Am also looking for a Tyvek for a 33' LOA boat. Nobody makes one to my knowledge but I am thinking it would be the perfect storage cover plus light and folds up small.

M
Old 04-16-2002, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overtons has larger covers on a special order basis. Some are even custom fit. Westland is the manufacturer. They have the Baja 36 Outlaw and the 29 patterns. They usually take two weeks to get. Don't buy burgandy color as it rubs off onto boat. Have had good luck with gray.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:19 AM
Nut
Registered

Angry

Save your money and buy a good cover! I bought a tyvek cover from Overtons last year,and I am very disapointed with it. The seams of the cover leak and the tyvek itself pulled apart at the bow. I had the cover on My 26ft scarab it fit well but I was not happy with it. I plan to buy a better cover and to cut the old one up and use it for My son's 10ft speed boat.

Greg
Old 04-17-2002, 07:53 AM
Flat Deck

Had a local canvas shop make a custom cover for my 41' out of
the gray Tyvek 3 years a go , I use it to cover the boat in my
boathouse, works great, worth every penny.

Old 04-17-2002, 09:29 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Tyvek is a short term solution

Tyvek is great for temporary protection or to keep dust off while a boat is kept indoors but that's about it.

If it will be subject to wind and rain (the kind that blows sideways and still gets under your carport or covered slip) you will have leaks at the seams and you will be lucky to get a season out of it before it becomes shreaded from the wind- tyvek is just not that tough under these conditions. it is easier to work with etc if you don't mind the leaks and a disposable cover. Good luck
Old 04-17-2002, 09:30 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Anybody know of one for cats?
Old 04-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Registered

Default Don't laugh!

Cord, for my Daytona I bought a cotton universal pontoon cover for a 26-28' boat- about $200. A local trim shop fit it to my boat for another $200. It's not as pretty as a fitted custom cover but does well and is 1/3 the price. The pretty part is underneath the cover.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,

I bought one of those covers for my 28 and it fit great, but only lasted about a week. Lesson learned. I'm saving my money for the real deal.

Sean
Old 04-17-2002, 10:27 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

West Marine Hot Shot Covers

I bought one of the above for my 26' Sonic, and it does alright. It will leak a bit of water if it puddles over the cockpit, but if you support it well, it will not leak. I have it on over my cockpit cover, and it works great. It is trailerable; with a built in perimeter cinch cord, and it has tie-down loops. Not too bad for the price. I added one of the really nice silver tarps over the whole thing for winter, and all turned out very well. Soon I will have a Cover-It, and screw all this crap.

Quick Reply: Tyvek Covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.