Notices

Cat Question

Old 08-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my cat will take 4'-5' with ease not backing out of the throttle cruising at 80mph not a problem at all but any thing over 5' you relay have to pay attention best of luck to ya on what ever you decide
Old 08-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at a 84 cougar 26 before I bought my skater. It can handle big water but they are heavy as hell and they have no room . Take a 4x8 sheet of plywood and stand inside of it. This is how much room you will have. Look for a 24 skater you can't go wrong.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

Ryan Beckley, I sent an email to you but don't know if you got it. anyway I am looking for the mercury racing logo file to output to a vinyl cutter. I was wondering if you have it, or a custom version of it. I have made a couple custom versions using the software, but I thought I would try to get the real one, before I put any new decals on my cowlings. Thanks, Darren
Old 08-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you all for the feedback! The seller has accepted my offer. I don't think I can find anything better bellow $20,000. Yes the cockpit is SMALL and CRAMPED, but I want it for toy, not a hotel room.

Skater guys,
I've looked into the 24' Skaters. Very nice boat, but even shorter than this Cougar and if anything I was looking for something longer than 26'. The 24' Skaters are a little pricey for me and I don't think I can find one in this condition with new power for $19, 750. I do realize they hold their value very well, but I can't see me losing any money on this Cougar either.

Insptech,
This Cougar is a 1993 hull. It's a kevlar hull with what the seller describes as an internal structure. Not one stress crack anywhere on the boat. Seller claims it's a little heavy for a kevlar boat, but solid as a rock. He said the boat could easily handle much more power. He also mentioned an identical hull that has 3x225's on it and not one stress crack. Sounds very solid. BTW, I don't have access to your link you posted yet (I'm a newbe remember?). My membership will take up to another 24 hrs. If you can paste the http I can go from there.
Oh ya, I'll have to look for Brownie for more info.

Thanks again guys, if any of you come up with any other info on this rig or the Cougars... please post!

Scot
Old 08-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Registered

HEY SS930...Congratulations on your new purchase!!!...May it bring you many years of fun & trouble-free ownership!!!...You are now an official member of the B.O.A.T club!!!...You do know what B.O.A.T stands for...Break Out Another Thousand!!!... ...lol...HAPPY MOTORING!!!... ...
Old 08-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Good Luck with it, you'll love a cat once you get some seat time............... I have a 26' Ocean Express that runs in anything ( at the right speed of course! ), the good part about having a true tunnel boat (no pod) !!!!!!! Be sure to get a good capsule jacket and wear you teather. Have fun, Bill.