If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thumbs up Drove a 43 Nor-Tech today

I had the opportunity to drive 43 Nor-Tech today while attending law enforcement related class. Chuck of Naples (Florida) Yachts borrowed the a 43 center console model from a local doctor and showed off its awsome ability and ride. Chuck has also brokered deals with Nortech and the Bahamians, which have purchased two 43's for drug interdiction.

The boat was meticulously rigged. Awsome attention to detail in the engine compartment (triple 315 hp Yanmars/Bravos) and gauge set up (double bezeled gaffrigs) on a carbon fiber dash, which included digital floscans, radar, and auto pilot. The t-top even had hydraulic actuators that would pivot the front of the top down for running at high speed.

60 mph cruise at 3650 rpm, floscans read 17 gph for each motor. At 47 mph, each motor only burned 10 gph. Amazing efficency that translated into a 1200 mile cruising range.

All this for only $425,000.
    Last edited by Unchained; 08-27-2003 at 07:32 PM.

New York, NY - Manhattan BABY!
    Got any pictures?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Jassman's Avatar
    Is this the same boat that was featured in the article. C'mon man, show us some pics, you're killin us. Building composite fishing and pleasure catamarans.

Finally got to look at my new Powerboat mag tonight and it's the same exact one featured in the high performance center console review.

We took the boat out of Sanibel Harbor Resort and ran it off Ft. Myers Beach. A doctor in Cape Coral lent the boat out for the demo.

1200 Mile Range ?

That would require 800 gals of fuel, Please !

BTW The Yanmars are nice little engines, but at 3650 on a 3800rpm redline they ain't gonna be happy. The cruise is more like 55mph, in a 43' sport CC your gonna feel like you're crawling. Nortech builds some beautiful stuff but facts are just that, facts.

My Boats:
    1998 saber 28
    jenison mi
    yea , thought the same thing when i read the article

Mentor , Ohio
    Whats wrong with using 800 gallons of fuel ?!?!!??!!?

AARRRRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

I got the 1200 mile cruising range quote based on the 43 set up for the Bahamian government, which holds 900 gallons of fuel.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Jassman's Avatar
    I called Terry Sobo on the fuel milaege, he said they calculated incorrectly, there will be a retract in the next issue. Building composite fishing and pleasure catamarans.