Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Guess Who Is Coming To Dinner - The NJPPC & The Barnegat Bay Yacht Racing Assoc. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57968-guess-who-coming-dinner-njppc-barnegat-bay-yacht-racing-assoc.html)

DaveP 08-27-2003 10:59 PM

Guess Who Is Coming To Dinner - The NJPPC & The Barnegat Bay Yacht Racing Assoc.

I just received this email:

Dave:

Please advise if you and your group's officers are available to meet with the officers of BBYRA on 9/19/03 at 6:30PM over dinner at the Toms River Yacht Club. If so, please give me a head count on those attending so I can arrange for the meeting.

When replying, please give me your thoughts on inviting the USCG and NJ marine police to the meeting too.

Regards,

Bill Scheyer, Fleet Captain, appointed to the duties of Rear Commodore

If we can get together and work with the BBYRA there is hope for the Jews & Palestinians! hahahahahaha

This is a great step in the right direction!

boot 08-27-2003 11:03 PM

:eek: :cool: :cool:

C_Spray 08-28-2003 06:43 AM

Sounds good, Dave. Put on your blue blazer and ascot, lay low on the Rum'n'Cokes and be your usual silver-tongued self, and it all should work out. Are they buying dinner?
However, if things break down, remember to butter your dinner rolls really good before your throw them...

puder 08-28-2003 07:51 AM

i am getting a mental picture that resembles a scene from caddyshack....

"hey you scratched my anchor!" :D

Ted G 08-28-2003 08:06 AM

Yeah, the CBPBA is a member of the Chesapeake Bay Yacht Club Association. They asked us to send our burgee(????) to be hung at the meeting place. Imagine their chagrin when a thong showed up:D

Iggy 08-28-2003 08:15 AM

They asked us to send our burgee(????) to be hung at the meeting place. Imagine their chagrin when a thong showed up.
LMAO:D :D :D

DaveP, that gang at TRYC can be a pretty stuck up bunch.
My Dad had a falling out with them many years ago. In fact he and several other ex-TRYC members formed their own yacht club. The River View Yacht Club was based at the old River View Hotel (Hooper Ave and Water street) before it burned down.

Strike 08-28-2003 09:23 AM

Hey Dave, be careful, this is an away game on their playing field! They will want to control the ball!

Shane 08-28-2003 09:53 AM

Dave,

HOPEFULLY this is a GOOD thing! Good luck. With your relationship with the NJ State Marine Police it might not be such a bad idea to have them on our side. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Shane

Katapult 08-28-2003 12:48 PM

Hey !!!! Never say Never

DaveP 08-28-2003 02:02 PM

We are going into this with our best foot forward.

Gordon Nelson of the Nelson Sailing Center was one of our biggest opponents a few months ago....we now drink beers together and laugh.

Hopefully....we will have a similar outcome. Hopefully they have more "moderates" in their group than old time hard core sailors.