Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Topps (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58049-topps.html)

sean stinson 08-29-2003 12:14 AM

Topps

Can anyone give me the 411 on this club?

Sean :cool: :cool: :cool:

PhantomChaos 08-29-2003 01:08 AM

No I can't..............it's not a strip club. :D

Dueclaws 08-29-2003 06:51 AM

Sean-
My wife and I used to be members and left because we saw things that we didn't like, but I hear that the club has instigated new rules
.Ask Bruce Bullock for an opinion 281-326-1920. He knows the current status and will be honest with you.

John

Jana 08-29-2003 06:59 AM

It's changed a lot, and from what I've heard about the past, it's for the better. I joined a year and a half ago and have been enjoying it. There are actually two TOPPS - one in Clear Lake, TX and the other in Lake Conroe, TX. We meet once a month (officially - just about every weekend unofficially), do fun runs to various places around Galveston Bay and each group hosts a poker run. Clear Lake's is in June and goes all over the bay (see Sept. Hot Boat Magazine). The people I know in the club are a good bunch who like to have a good time on the water.

Dueclaws 08-29-2003 09:09 AM

Jana-
Thanks for the update. We might consider rejoining if it has really changed for the better.

John

TopSpin80 08-29-2003 09:30 AM

www.toppsboatclub.com

cuda 08-29-2003 10:30 AM

When we lived out in Oregon, my aunt belonged to TOPPS. It was some kind of fat lady's club for losing weight!:eek:

Ms. INXS 08-29-2003 10:53 AM

Hi Sean,

I am Cher Floyd - otherwise known as Ms. INXS as I purchased the retired race boat INXS. John and I have been members of TOPPS for 15 years and currently have a 38' Scarab called "Just Say No". Our Club is a social club and supports Offshore Powerboat Racing and boat safety. All of our voting members have their safe boating lisence from the US Coast Guard from completing their safe boating course. Our President is Jeff Eubanks - he asked me to give you his cell phone number as he is in Dallas at a family funeral. His number is 713-899-5998. His email address is [email protected]. He is anxious to hear from you. I love the club and we continue to get better every year. I noticed someone gave you our website - go on line and scroll down the pictures and you will see who we are and what great fun we all have. Any other questions you may have and not want to post send me an email at [email protected]

sean stinson 08-30-2003 10:10 AM

Thanks Ms. INXS I appreciate the input. I will give Jeff a call when things settle a bit. Also which INXS boat did you purchase? Also I am going to send you an email too.

Norty leave it to you to come back with something like that. :) I have been retired from that club circuit for about a year now. I look to you for the new inside scoop however. So lets have some updates.

Again thanks to all for the info. I hope to be seeing you all sometime in the near future.

Sean