If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have had RWD and (1) AWD Astro................AWD sucks with gas mileage @ 9-10 mpg. After driving the RWD's and getting 20-22 mpg.........I thought I would order an AWD.........drove it for nine months and go a full size van.......because the it get s the same mileage with more cargo space

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    Trannys,rear ends,rear springs and idler arms. You will be replacing them in the life of an astro van, We service a fleet of them and every one eats idler arms every 30,000 miles. Every one ate at least one tranny and most have done a rear end in. As Twinn29 said,they are under sprung and need one more leaf to be a work truck but thats cheap to do. Count on at least one fuel pump failure too and thats not cheap!

Auto Sales & Leasing Platinum Member Rocky Dell's Avatar
    West Chester, PA

If you can get off of the Astro/Safari idea, I can save you a bunch of money on a much better van for HVAC work. I'm in the rental business and sell off my units every 6 months directly to dealers or at dealer auctions. Currently I can off you a 2003 Ford E-150, 6 Cyl., Auto, PS, PB, PW, PLKS, Air, mileage in the teens and in white, with factory warranty for $14,900. If interested PM me. This is a wholesale price. Check around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12