Has Outerlimits relocated ?

Notices

Has Outerlimits relocated ?

Old 09-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has Outerlimits relocated ?

Has Outerlimits relocated their shop ?
I stopped by their shop on Gooding Ave. sightseeing yesterday and the place was.......well boatless. A few molds kicking around inside.The place kinda looked moved out of.
Don"t want to start any rumors.It is just the way it appeared.Nothing on the web site.
I hope they stayed in the area.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard they moved, go to the OSO Advertisers/Links and click on their company and see if they have a new updated address on their website. I remember Mike talking about the big move.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Registered

Yes we have moved!

Our new address is 91 Broad Common Rd. Bristol R.I.
It is one block west of our old location across the street from the golf course. We own this facility rather than rent the old building. We purchased this property from Carroll marine who was a leader in post cured epoxy constructed sail and power boats. This was a big reason for the purchase because they had all the necessary tools and equipment required for epoxy construction including a very large oven with is used to fully cure the epoxy resin and to eliminate post cure in the sunlight, which is the reason for a poor finish. We also hired about a third of their existing staff which is very experienced with epoxy as well as their engineering department. The use of this new lamination system has allowed us to reduce the weight of a given boat by about 12% while actually increasing strength, therefore increasing speed with the same power by about 5 mph. We have completed two boats so far and have been amazed by the results. And an added bonus to this new system is that it is environmentally friendly with zero emissions.
We are building a new 47 gtx now for testing and promotional use which will be powered with a pair of Sterling 1400's and is currently being constructed with epoxy and is utilizing a carbon fiber stringer and bulkhead system. This new boat when complete should weigh about 9800 lbs complete. I will post some construction pictures this week. If anyone is planning to be in the Bristol area please call to set up a factory tour at 401-253-7300, we will be glad to show you around.

Mike Fiore
Old 09-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Registered

Right now the epoxy construction is optional, so pricing on standard boats have remained the same.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Registered

Thanks for the congrats but unfortunatly I can not take credit for 153mph, at the shoot out we were only able to go 138 in the mile (although our gps read 145mph).
Old 09-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also Congrates to Outerlimits for the 4 Class victories at the Lake of the Ozarks shootout this year. 4 boats 4 Class wins. My buddies 42 Won his and I had the Pleasure of meeting MIke, He like his boat are a class act. Oh Yeah Outerlimits was also the Fastest V bottom at the Shootout.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanx for answering my thread O.L. I was worried you guy"s went far away. I look forward to seeing the new place. Congrat"s also.

Ken Lessard
Old 09-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Registered

Mike,

Congrats on the new facility and the new technology.

All the best!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:22 AM
baja_daddy

Are new boats in production yet at the new plant? What kind of a price difference are we talking for epoxy on say a 37'??

I talked to your dad in Miami and I still have his cell##

What is the wait these days? Gerald at RSI said you cranked his out pretty fast