The Grand Haven races were GREAT! >

The Grand Haven races were GREAT!

Notices

The Grand Haven races were GREAT!

Old 09-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Liquid Metal back on the traler parked on Main Street after the race.
Attached Thumbnails The Grand Haven races were GREAT!-p8310035.jpg  
Old 09-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Spiderman with the broken prop shaft.
Attached Thumbnails The Grand Haven races were GREAT!-p8310036.jpg  
Old 09-01-2003, 10:03 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

And the beautiful Snap-on Boat.
Attached Thumbnails The Grand Haven races were GREAT!-p8310037.jpg  
Old 09-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

I will post some of the race shots after I crop out the bald heads and umbrellas that were in front of me on the beach.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:10 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fortress boat was being towed in by none other than our own Rambunctious!! Way to go Rob.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Mike, I should've got a pic of you and the crew you were with. It was good to see you again yesterday.

You know, there were so many people on the boardwalk, I didn't even notice he was being towed.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Great pics! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Smile I had my own little race Sunday too!

I didn't get to the race site until about 2:15pm or so. I launched my hog in Muskegon and jetted down from there. Once I got there I didn't realize the race coarse was so short which actually made it nice to see the boats fly by more often. I haven't been to an offshore race since the early 90's! Things have changed!

I saw Waterfoul with some other people in a Baja---at least I think it was a Baja while I was watching the races. Saturday, I also saw Fred, Dan/Candyman and his 35' Fountain and his friend Steve with his beautiful 38' Donzi and had dinner with them, Crazyhorse, and Roger/Quiet Storm in Grand Haven. Thanks for dinner guys!

Fred, sorry I didn't make it over to the Marina after I pulled my boat out Saturday night----I forgot how to get there and also decided to take the boat home and bring it back the next day. Good seeing you again though!

Here's kind of a neat little event---
After the race I didn't even go in the Grand Haven jetty/channel. The water conditions were decent, so I just cruised the shoreline and was enjoying the scenery at about 3500rpm heading back up north past Muskegon to the next port of Montague/White Hall. I have never been there before and always wanted to check it out from my boat. As I was cruising along, I noticed another offshore type boat about maybe 500 yards to my port, further out to sea that was sort of shadowing me and cruising along at my speeds. As I was enclosing on the Montague jetty/channel this other boat made a wide arc and swung into the harbor just ahead of me. It was a young guy in a new stepped 26'-28' Baja with twin engines (maybe HO small blocks???---not sure), but it was a nice looking new boat. Anyway, I idled around there for about 20 minutes and then headed out the jetty back out to Lake Michigan. As I was heading out, I noticed that same Baja was right behind me. I didn't feel threatend in the least with this kid and his stock looking Baja, and really wasn't paying much attention. Anyway, I thought I had maybe hit something with my props while in the harbor and wanted to check them out. Once out the pier/jetty, I paid no attention to see where he went and if his thinking was to race me then he must have thought that I was scared by shutting down my engines right out of the jetty/channel, but my reasons for doing so were purely legit. So once I got out to the Lake I idled away from the pier heads and boat traffic and shut the engines down, raised the drives and stood on the drives and inspected the blades of my props with my hands. This took about 3-5 minutes. I was ready to get under way again so I fired up the engines and planed off heading north for about 1/4 mile and then swung around and headed south again back to Muskegon. I had just past the pier heads crusing along at 3700rpm minding my own when that kid with his Baja jumped me along my starboard side----I honestly thought he had been long gone, but he was waiting for me, by this time I think his idea was that he wanted to race me and was making it abundantly clear! No wonder he had the nerve---that little hog was FAST!---so I bumped the throttles up a little, spanked him for a bit and then backed down to 3700rpm again. He gave me the thumbs up and I waved back, but he still wouldn't leave me alone. So, I bumped the throttles up again to a higher cruising speed and left them there and put some distance between me and the boy. If it was me that had challenged him with my boat then I wound NOT DARE boast about it---especially in this kind of company, but I was very impressed with the Baja that kid had though----it's FAST and he KNOWS it! He was just having some fun though and so was I. It took some monotony of my cruise back to Muskegon and thought I'd share it with you guys.

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-01-2003 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Hey Mark,
What ya doing pickin on those small blocks??????What's next?????? guy's with straight sixes
Steve
Old 09-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE
Hey Mark,
What ya doing pickin on those small blocks??????What's next?????? guy's with straight sixes
Steve
Yeah, hyperbaja look out!!!

Quick Reply: The Grand Haven races were GREAT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.