Notices

OSO member needs help!

Old 09-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation OSO member needs help!

If anyone has been reading the board closely lately they can tell a well known member needs our help. I would like to try and do something if possible. I have no intention of mentioning any names at this point in time, but it's easy to figure out from posts on the board who it is. I would like to leave names out of any replies to this thread if possible, unless this person requests otherwise. I have no problem with PMs or emails for info related to subject. I will hand out info based on how well the person knows individual in question.

Packinair just posted a thread the other day about all members sending him $2 so he could achieve what he needed. Funny thing is, this very thing, or something like it, could do A LOT for someone right now.

I consider this person to be a very good friend. They are always on the board helping with tech questions and other stuff whenever possible. I know for a fact if this person could help you out they would. They have been a contributing member of OSO from the word go. Let's give back a little.

For those of you who do know what I'm talking about....do you feel like there's something we could do. I know I can help a little. And I'm sure if a handful of us can do as much as myself it would make a huge difference. Anyone?

If I am out of line for this post I will delete immediately. No questions asked.

Buck
Old 09-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to remember people helping out JayL and someone from the west coast (whos name I cant remember now) and where are they now?

There are many of us living on a shoestring and it really sucks when our jobs go south.

I know exactly who you are refering to and I would also do anything I could to help but I cant replace income.

But, where do you draw the line, Ive got a blown engine too.

sorry if i sound cruel but life just sucks sometimes. i had to sell my formula to stay afloat.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear F31.

If one cant' help, then that's just fine. I understand that. I happen to think that there are those who can. Like myself. Enough people know them to make a difference IMO.

I can't count how many times a family member or friend has helped me out in my 34 years of life. Whether it be financially, when I'm broke down alongside the road, a meal when I'm sick, moving, turning a wrench at my shop to meet a deadline, or just being there as a friend. All of these things would go unthanked if I couldn't help out another when the opportunity arose. Nuff said.

Sorry if I offended, but I can, and will help.

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 09-03-2003 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:16 PM
DonMan

You are being a true friend to stick out your neck and try to help this good friend. I don`t think that you are out of line, but I do agree with Formula31. This is a cruel world and sometimes life does indeed suck. I give a portion of each paycheck to a charitable cause. No, I am not bragging or trying to pat myself on the back. I feel it is necessary to help those who are in need of help. I am not familiar with this situation, so I will not elaborate further. I will end by saying that there are those in need and there are those who are just going through a tough time.
This reminds me of the Steve Martin movie where the guy is asking for a donation to repair the leather seats in his private jet. He is crying because he is ashamed to fly his friends to Vegas on the "worn" seats.
Just remember the people who will be sleeping in a cardboard box tonight.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Buck-you are not out of line. Any time that there is a member in need, I'm willing to step up to the plate.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Registered

Thank you Cord! I knew I could count on you.

Buck
Old 09-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Buck hit the chat bro
Old 09-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent my money yesterday.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Steve_H

im game.
whats the address?

Old 09-04-2003, 06:49 AM
Registered

I wouldnt send money if I didnt know the reason. I wouldnt consider it because someone blew the engine up in their boat. Now if someone was having trouble putting food on the table for their kids, that would be a different story.

Quick Reply: OSO member needs help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.