Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why can't I find info on Saber powerboats ANYWHERE? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58272-why-cant-i-find-info-saber-powerboats-anywhere.html)

Danny Usnik 09-04-2003 09:43 AM

WickedWon does indeed hit those numbers, but the real reason that no other apache hull does is because no one puts the size of the driver into the equation.

See JD has a swimmers build and the only time he weighs more then 100 # is when he gets wet from the big water spray.

So if you put a 9 year old boy in ApachePetes 41 now he's got competition.

JD broke the triple digit mark with anorexia. Maybe he's on to something but personally I prefer Bulimia.

JD, love ya man,
Now go have a cheeseburger.

Over & Out,
Dano

LEOPAJM 09-04-2003 09:59 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!

SLINGSHOT 09-04-2003 10:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WickedWon
[B]Faster than any 41'- 42' twin or triple Apache hull ever has, The advent of reliable GPS took 8 - 12 mph off the old accepted top end speeds from " back in the day". My wife has spent more time at 100mph in a V bottom than Ben K. ever did. The boat runs, with 250 - 300 gals of fuel, six people, full coolers and all the necessary crusing junk, 103 -105 in the flat and 107 -108mph in a 2' chop. The only boat thats ever been able to run with me in big water is LEOPAJM's Saber with triples, when it gets REALLY rough he has the edge, mines much more sensitive to trim so when it's really kick'n I've got to pay more attention than Jerry.

BTW this ain't bragging, just the facts, The mechanic for one of the more popular big power 41's told me after a run
" watching you go by was beautiful, but painful "
[QUOTE]
I'LL BE AT THE COPS RUN NEXT YEAR TO CLEAR UP YOUR PHILOSOPHY ON THE APACHE HULL
:D :D :D :D

SLINGSHOT 09-04-2003 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
Sling....shouldn't you at least get you boat put back together before you start making bold claims???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

IN PROCESS....WILL BE DONE FOR APRIL '04....NOT BOLD JUST FACT

Danny Usnik 09-04-2003 10:16 AM

Here we go,

I'd like to be there but anything with the words COPS and RUN make me nurvous.

Mad Hatter 09-04-2003 10:32 AM

Hi jackers :D

WickedWon 09-04-2003 11:04 AM

Sling, Settle Down !

Listen, I fell in love with Apaches after my first ride in Jenny's Express 100 years ago, till this day nothing excites me like big Apaches. THE SABER IS THE ORIGINAL APACHE HULL FORM ! I've spent a lot of time around Apaches, I know their strengths and their weaknesses. My boat is the culmination of everything I've learned over the last 25 years, plus todays modern materials and mechanicals. Its stronger, lighter and has better balance than any Apache ever built, this isn't a knock against the classics, I LOVE THEM, again just facts.
Sling I look forward to meeting you and seeing your project completed, please don't let facts create animosity between guys who have similar addictions. It should make you happy to see this obsolete straight bottom V reguarly spanking the newest of the new in real offshore conditions.

When's that COPS date ? ;)

JD

And Dano I weighed 194lbs this morning, if any of us knew what was going thru your mind at any given moment, none of us would sleep, you are one CRAZY
ba*tard :D :D

LEOPAJM 09-04-2003 11:37 AM

194 ... LARDASS !!!!

SLINGSHOT 09-04-2003 11:37 AM

Re: Sling, Settle Down !

Originally posted by WickedWon
Listen, I fell in love with Apaches after my first ride in Jenny's Express 100 years ago, till this day nothing excites me like big Apaches. THE SABER IS THE ORIGINAL APACHE HULL FORM ! I've spent a lot of time around Apaches, I know their strengths and their weaknesses. My boat is the culmination of everything I've learned over the last 25 years, plus todays modern materials and mechanicals. Its stronger, lighter and has better balance than any Apache ever built, this isn't a knock against the classics, I LOVE THEM, again just facts.
Sling I look forward to meeting you and seeing your project completed, please don't let facts create animosity between guys who have similar addictions. It should make you happy to see this obsolete straight bottom V reguarly spanking the newest of the new in real offshore conditions.

When's that COPS date ? ;)

JD

And Dano I weighed 194lbs this morning, if any of us knew what was going thru your mind at any given moment, none of us would sleep, you are one CRAZY
ba*tard :D :D

:D :D

NO DISRESEPCT AT ALL, I LIKE YOUR PIECE ALOT BE IT AN , APACHE SABRE OR WHATEVER IT IS...IT'S BAD ASS. I GUESS I WANT THAT ADRENALINE RUSH OF A RACE THATS ALL
:D

LEOPAJM 09-04-2003 11:39 AM

BTW ..... Parnell , do you need to borrow a camera ????