Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need some quick TIPS for unlocking a truck with a lock jack (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58282-need-some-quick-tips-unlocking-truck-lock-jack.html)

TEAMBAJA 09-02-2003 07:45 AM

Need some quick TIPS for unlocking a truck with a lock jack

I used to be good at getting into locked cars. I cant tell you the number of times Ive locked keys in cars at the carlot, sometimes running cars. I could get into some cars, like 80s camaros and things easily under 8 seconds.

Today, I have a 97 S-10 Blazer sitting in the middle of the driveway with the keys locked in it. I tried like hell this morning to get in, but Im not sure what Im looking for. It has power locks. Any ideas?

Using a decent slim jim that has always worked before.......

THRILLSEEKER 09-02-2003 07:56 AM

FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION IT

We had to break in through Crazybastard #1's rear slider at the marina this weekend:rolleyes: :crazy:

did you try a coathanger?

birdog 09-02-2003 08:01 AM

Those S-10s can be tough ! You have to snag the lever on the tumblers.....NOT the slider on the door panel...
put a slight bend in your jimmy so it hits the lever....go slow !! feel around .....you will find it

TEAMBAJA 09-02-2003 08:39 AM

Originally posted by birdog
Those S-10s can be tough ! You have to snag the lever on the tumblers.....NOT the slider on the door panel...
put a slight bend in your jimmy so it hits the lever....go slow !! feel around .....you will find it

Is that lever above or below on the lock? I cant remember what they look like inside.

If it ever stops raining this year, I'll go back outside and try some more! :drool:

Allan4 09-02-2003 08:58 AM

Originally posted by birdog

Hmmmmmmmmm.....is there something you want to tell us Birdog.........:D :D ???

birdog 09-02-2003 09:10 AM

Dont ask Allan !!!!:D
NO I dont boost cars for a living !!!!

Cant remember top,bottom or side.....just feel around very carefuly & you will feel it......Its all "feel' & picturing how it works.......It has been a few years since i was doing this all the time. just dont even bother with the slide !!! you will just snag wires !!!! & put a bend in the jimmy it helps to get to the lock

TEAMBAJA 09-02-2003 11:50 AM

Ok, I ended up having to cheat. I called the serial # in to the Chevy garage and had a key made from that. That made more sense than tearing up stuff inside the door!

Birdog, since you can get in them, I need a CD Player for my S-10!!:eek: Kidding!:D

JUSTONCE 09-02-2003 02:09 PM

break the window

birdog 09-02-2003 02:23 PM

What brand ja want ?????:D :D