Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stupidest question asked about your boat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58302-stupidest-question-asked-about-your-boat.html)

chromecat 09-02-2003 10:47 PM

my favorite is from boaters.. the steering wheel is on the wrong side... mine is on the port so the sticks are next to my right hand..

Don

TRG Ange 09-02-2003 10:58 PM

You have NO idea how hard I've been laughing at some of these questions. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but geez, were some of these people on vacation the day common sense was handed out?

PhantomChaos 09-02-2003 11:08 PM

Originally posted by DEVIL MAN
.......................they just walk away insulted and shaking their heads thinking I am being a jerk!!!!

DMan

If the shoe fits!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I get asked all the time........... "I bet your boat is WAY faster than those Cigarette boats!" I of course, have to agree. :D :D

LakeRacer 09-02-2003 11:17 PM

I have an Advantage Boats, 34 Offshore. It is plainly visible on the side of the boat near the gunnels...big letters.

I was tied up in the courtesy slips at Highport Marina, Lake Texoma. A gentleman walks up and looks the boat over admiring it and asks "That's a Baja isn't it?":rolleyes:

BajaFresh 09-02-2003 11:47 PM

Dirt Bag in a POS fishing boat as I pull up to the dock:

What happened to your windshield?

Me: It doesn't have one.

DB: Yeah, what happened to it?

Me: It didn't come with one, kinda like a race boat.

DB: Why would you buy a boat without a windshield?

Me: What happened to all your fish?

DB: ???? with dumb look and mouth open as I walked away, shaking my head.

Mad Hatter 09-03-2003 01:00 AM

As I just got done firing up my Velocity @ the boat lauch a women comes up to me.

Her: Do you need some leeches

I look back into the boat and back at her.

Me: No but my Dr. says I should try that next.

Her: Oh really what for?

Me: Herpes.

Her: Really!? Wow, never heard of that.

She then went over to another boat.

Her: Need any leeches? They cure herpes!

The guys on the boat got a really digusted look on their face. I wasn't sure if she was joking or really believed me, but the smell of booze weed smoke gave me a pretty good idea. :crazy: WTF would I need with leeches???????

THRILLSEEKER 09-03-2003 07:06 AM

I was asked by a guy who saw the Cigarette sticker on my truck window:
him> WHAT! do you smoke?
me>no
him>well then WTF is Cigarette Racing Team?
me>its the name of a boat builder
him> but it says RACING TEAM!
at this point I decided to have a little fun:D
me> yes it is an offshore racing team
him>WTF is offshore racing?
me> its where you take 30 to 50ft. boats that go 70 to 200mph and beat the snot out of them in 6 ft. waves and the first one across the line wins

him (with a befuddled look on his face) > YEAH RIGHT! ANY BOAT WOULD SINK IN THOSE KIND OF WAVES, WHAT ARE YOU STUPID?:eek:
me>:eek: have a nice day!

I love messing with stupid people, its fun:D :rolleyes:

JUSTONCE 09-03-2003 07:47 AM

HOT DUCK: LMAO thats typical.

HOTROD2 09-03-2003 07:48 AM

My favorite at the gas dock is ; How much gas does it hold ? 700 gals. They always pause and then say thats over $2000 dollars in gas!!!! And I repley Yes and it will burn it up in a day....And it will !!!! anyone like a ride for a tank of gas????? I don't get to many riders...(and I have never filled it)

Clay Washington 09-03-2003 09:12 AM

Originally posted by eyezlee
I get this all the time. "Can you ski behind it?" (28 Scarab)
Well... Can you? :D