Boat Insurance just went up 45%!!! >

Boat Insurance just went up 45%!!!

Notices

Boat Insurance just went up 45%!!!

Old 09-04-2003, 03:46 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This whole thing $ucks. It's got me thinking about going back to antique cars. My 75 Vette costs about $100 a year. Sold a 57 Convertible 3 years ago , insured for $50,000 and only paid $250 a year.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I have about had it with these insurance companies.

I pay $3000.00 year with ACE, the deductable is 2%, almost $4000.00 and they want you to write them in advance of any out of state or coastal trips for an endorsement.

Sent them one for the up coming Jacksonville trip and they told me I would have to pay an additional $800.00 for the OK to take my boat down there!

Does that SUCK or what?

Time for me to make a change!

I have talked to a lot of guys today and Progressive seems to be the way to go. I have not heard back from my local agent that handles home, business & auto, but I cannot afford to stey with ACE!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have a 32ft skater with twin 1100`s. Premiums of $9000/yr with a 5% deductible. It costs to go fast.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Guys,
I couldn't agree MORE! These ridiculous ins. $$ are what is keeping us from buying a bigger/nicer/$$ boat! We now are even looking @ a 16' CC canal cruiser instead of a 35' + powerboat
MD
Old 09-05-2003, 07:11 AM
Registered

More salt on the wound..

'03 31SS Sonic with 496HO's. We are paying $2,000 with a 3% deductible. Progressive and Boat U.S. were two to three times higher. Try Sy Goldberg at Total Dollar.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

or just try Rodney at PMA 954-583-5558, I just got a quote from him.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Registered

Insurance just plain sucks. And what's worse, when the insurance companies lots billions when the stock market went south, they upped OUR RATES, to cover THEIR losses. What's up with that? Did anybody in OSO who might have lost money in the market get to charge somebody else for their loss? When Allstate did their "survey" to insure our home, we got hit with, 1) there are electrical wires running through a palm tree/we have underground service 2) the handrail on your stairs is loose/we don't have a single stair anywhere, 3) our fence is leaning dangerously/it was less than two weeks old and perfect, 4) there is "dangerous debris" on your property/it was hedge clippings stacked, tied together and waiting curbside to be picked up. After taking two rolls of film I went down to the Allstate office and confronted the "examiner". I threw the photos on his desk and said "OK, explain". He actually accused me of taking photos of the wrong house. I can't even disguise my reply to him it was so bad. I guarantee that a$$ho!e will NEVER forget the reaming I gave him. I was hoarse for three days. I would never use Allstate for anything again. Within six hours I'd swapped, three vehicles, wind, flood, and home insurance, wrote a blistering letter to the state insurance commissioner, with copies to Allstate. Like my friend George says, "insurance-you're covered for everything except for what happens". OSO should start their own insurance company.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:35 AM
Registered

A little off subject....but still about insurance...

The company I work for is considering dropping our health insurance policy and just pay for our medical bills... it's costing them more for insurance than the bills add up to
Of course, they will need a rider for major medical... but Rx, dental and doctor visits are ridiculas.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:03 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

TALK ABOUT BEING BENT OVER AND DONE DRY!HOW ABOUT MY 37 OL WENT FROM 2700.00 WITH 2000.00 DECT.TO 4500.00 WITH 10,000.00 DECT. IN ONE YEAR.THE COMPANY QUIT WRITING HP BOAT INS.,AND WOULD NOT RENEW ANY POLICIES. AND WHO KNOW'S WHERE I STAND AT RENEW TIME. I HOPE ALL OF THESE INSURANCE COMPANIES GO UNDER SOME HOW. I KNOW IT'S NOT LIKELY BUT IT WOULD BE NICE.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Registered

I'm not sure I want to step in this pile of sh-- but I will anyway. First let me state that I insure performance boats every day - this is not a solicitation but I am simply going to try and explain a few things. Several factors go into the underwriting and pricing of every boat insurance policy. Some of them are age of operator, age of vessel, mooring location and navigation territory, hull value, liability limits, driving record in a car, prior losses, etc, etc. Speed is another big factor and you better not get caught lying about this one. A lot of the complaints are coming from those of you in Florida and yes it is the toughest State in the country to buy marine insurance (especially S/E Florida). Another big problem is that most insurance agents have no idea how or where to insure a performance boat. SHOP AROUND and find someone that knows what they are doing! There are fewer companies in the market willing to write performance boats but coverage is available at reasonable prices with excellent coverage.
FORMULA OUTLAW - Your response was the only one that showed you clearly do not have a clue about the insurance marketplace.

Quick Reply: Boat Insurance just went up 45%!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.