If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    I had a 96 Ram Club Cab, 360, 3.92 1/2 ton and it was sold with 198,000 miles for $10,000. It towed 10,000lbs for 4 years sometimes up to 800 miles round trip and the guy who bought it from me just rolled 200,000 and says the truck runs and looks like new still. I beleive it is all in how you drive it and take care of it. In my case I bought it with 5 miles on it and treated it like a child. They can live forever if loved

My Boats:
    Pontoon 2002 Crestliner

I like my Dodges and this one also.

Truck eats up a Corvette, and I like my Corvette.

But I like the video on that site

My Boats:
    1990 Donzi Sweet 16
    At the office.
    Originally posted by GMScott
    Uh OH!! I guess I better watch out. My '99 Diesel RAM has 97K miles and beyond normal maintenence I only had a fuel pump problem!!

16.5 mpg towing the 25' Formula @ 70 mph - luv it!!
    I have the same truck and can't do better than 14 while towing a similar size boat. Where do you get your fuel???

Originally posted by SS930
    I have the same truck and can't do better than 14 while towing a similar size boat. Where do you get your fuel???
    I live NW of Phila. however I've taken the boat to FL every year I"ve had it and the mpg's are generally the same no matter where I buy fuel. With the winter mix the mpg's drop a little bit. With a 4:10 rear anything over 2K rpm's brings the mileage down but I consider the time savings vs. a couple of gallons of fuel worth it.

My Boats:
    was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
    In the Mountains
    I "babied" both of mine and they both had problems. The issue of the automatics not wanting to shift down into first gear after you come to a stop is commom. What is annoying as hell is that for what you pay, you don't get a trans that will last. Out of every four that fail, only one is under warranty, so Dodge makes enough money off the other three to fix the first for free and still pocket our loot. I paid close to forty grand for my 2500 V-10, quad cab 4x4 with cap and for that much money I should not have to deal with a trans problem. I envy you guys who have not had the problem, but I'm done with Dodge. If it's got an Allison trans, I'm in....

st. clair shores mi ,us
    Third Dodge Ram ,first diesel and I love it (2001) , it's got 275 injecters , Edge EZ, and exhaust and towing my 26 Scarab back from Grand Haven at 75-80 I got 15mpg. And I had plenty of power to pass. Seen 90+ before.(3:54) On trips with no towing I've gotten 22mpg.
    Most of my friends drag race and the ones towing with Dodges have never had trans. problems. It's all in how you drive it.
    I talked to a certain APBA racer that towed a 382 all over the country with a Dodge and he did say that he went thru 1 trans in 400k+ miles.

My friends new 2003 Cummins HO with just a Western Diesel fueling box and a muffler went [email protected] (1/4mph) at the dragstrip last weekend
    Last edited by 26scarab; 09-09-2003 at 08:56 PM.

SBRT Southwest
    I have a 98 Dodge Ram and I'm currently selling. I loved it until 176,000 miles. I don't need 3 vehicles anymore. Or the payments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12