Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig GLADIATOR or Donzi 38ZR ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58826-cig-gladiator-donzi-38zr.html)

Just Browsing 09-10-2003 08:15 AM

Clockwork:

Pete B. (who lives in JAX) is babysitting the boat for me until the Ft. Lauderdale race. Check with him, and if he is up to it, you are welcome to check it out.

Bobby Fisher

BLee 09-10-2003 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Oh please give it a rest!!!! You are so up Cigarette's a$$ it isn't funny. Yes they make a great boat, but the Donzi is also a great boat.
Let's face it, Cigarette isn't winning any awards for their customer support/service either

LOL. I have other favorites too. I just like to piss off the haters a little. I think the Donzi is awesome. I really like how they have stepped up and made a sit down F-2 to compete.

I haven't had any problems with service or support. I had new embroidery for the bolsters, side panels, cover, custom carpet, carpet pad, and the wind deflector installed last Spring. It was done in 4 days.

There are so many sweet boats out there, I don't thing Cig is the only game in town. They still set the bar to which all others are measured, hence the title of this post and many others. :)

racesdad 09-10-2003 11:27 AM

I ran that Damn Donzi f2 last year and it was the best performing V bottom I had been in. Dollar for dollar you cant beat it . I am not a dealer or broker just a racer that got to race that 38ZR good luck on your boat hunt.Bobby that boat did not do that last year one time!!!!!!!

SummerObsession 09-10-2003 12:04 PM

I love the look of both the Donzi and the Cig. However, I really wish the Donzi had better looking canopies. For some reason, I personally don't like the flat tops. They look unfinished. Just my opinion.

Pete B 09-10-2003 12:55 PM

clockwork,
let me know when you want to check it out, it maybe on the way to ft.myers for some prep work prior to ft .laud. this weekend. let me know. Pete

Jeffrey 09-10-2003 09:00 PM

I was down at Dick Simon Marine in Dana Point yesterday. Scott Conrad (DSM's owner) showed me his new Donzi F2 boat. He is campaigning the boat with Ken Bowen. I have to admit - it was one very sweet boat!

He says the boat is currently running around 100-101 with 525EFI's. He says they need to pick up 2-3 mph to be competitive. Amazing that a 38' boat can run that fast on totally stock (relatively speaking of course) horsepower!

It makes you think about the future of BIG blower power and BIG drives. Hmmm ... that's an idea for another thread!!

cuda 09-10-2003 09:03 PM

Originally posted by Jeffrey

He says the boat is currently running around 100-101 with 525EFI's. He says they need to pick up 2-3 mph to be competitive. Amazing that a 38' boat can run that fast on totally stock (relatively speaking of course) horsepower!

I say that's fantastic. I'd keep it stock for reliability, 100 is plenty fast!