If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Boats:
    Champaign, IL
    loto... i would get at least a 30 or so...
    get twins.. so you don't have to have nasty power to run on top. easily

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    My 26' does pretty well in LOTO. A little bigger would be nice at times, but definetly not a requirement. Whereas a V bottom will go through the snot, the cat just goes over it.

whats the deal with the 28 profile cat?
    they seam cheap compared to others.

My Boats:
    1990 Donzi Sweet 16
    At the office.
    Although all of these boats are out of my reach at this time, I did do a little research on the Profile products. As a group they offer a great value for the $. The 28 looks like a hell of a deal at Randy's factory direct prices. I've never seen the boat in person and I'm not sure how deep the tunnel is, but it looks to offer a lot of bang for the buck. He'll option it any way you want it. From what Randy said, he'll be coming out with a 35' or 36' cat very soon. I'm sure this will also be a real bargain. I don't think either boat is a Skater, but look at the $$$.

My Boats:
    Don't even mention the word boat
    Tampa, Indian Shores Beach
    I have been thinking of switching to a cat also. I went out in a 30 Eliminator w/ procharged 500efi's, aside from mind blowing speed. It rode great, in a streach with some chop we were doing over 100mph and it was smooth, I mean real smooth. I won't be upgrading for at least a couple of years but I am already looking at the 30-36 foot range cats. My only real complaint is not all makes offer a cabin a must for me, got to have a love cabin also I love standing when I drive, and most cats are sit only

Check out the 30' HTM. Stand up bolsters and a pretty big cabin. TV, sink, stove, big sitting area.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    Cats are where it's at !
    I love the big V's but no one can argue the advantage of a GOOD cat . I had a 40' Formula and went to a 39' express cat . It's not a skater but it's a lot better then a V ! The ride and speed can not be matched by a V of equal power . I would say the place to START looking would be a 28 Skater . Any other brand ,at LEAST 30' . And like anything else ,the big the better .

There are tons of good people at the Jersey shore with nice cats . All you have to do is ask for a ride and you will get plenty of help . (MIne is apart till spring sorry) .

Cats are a VERY strange thing to drive after a V. They feel so loose ,that you think you have no control . It's not that bad ,it's just different then what you know now . DO NOT buy one without driveing a couple and realy thinking about which one you want . SOme have little or NO cabin . Others have plenty of room . Also most cats are sit down boats with low freeboard . MIne is real high sides and you can actualy stand and walk around at 70 mph or more . (Not the driver ,of course )

IF you still need a ride by spring , let me know . I'll take you out . Joe

My Boats:
    25 Ocean Express
    Cass Lake Michigan
    Went from a 25' V to an Ocean Express 26' with twin 250 outboards........... It is a whole different world, way better on fuel, ride, speed. It just takes some seat time to get used to 'em. I really love that thing !!!

Sand Springs/Grand Lake oklahoma
    pure Engery,

You have asked a great Question. My decideding factor on buying a cat was money. I wanted a boat that would run 90mph all day. I looked at many v's but you can not get a good V for under 65,000 that would run 90. If you are wanting a good cat buy a 24 or 28 Skater. Wait till the new 30 Skater comes out maybe the prices will drop on the 28's.
    Good Luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    1985 Chris Craft- Chris Cat
    Winston Salem, N. C.
    I used to be a tried and true V hull man myself. I loved driving in rough water in a stand up bolster and the cabin room.

I never really liked the smaller low profile cats. A cat in general just never seemed like a real boat to me. That was untill I made the switch from V to cat about a year and a half ago. I dont think I have rode in a v hull since and I dont really care to....

I wanted the docking ability of twins, a decent size cabin and one big enough that I did'nt have to hear the wife scream about the lumps and bumps anymore.

I now have a 1985 30' Chris Cat with enough power to run over the century mark and I absoutely LOVE it!! The best of all, is that I dont hear the wife [email protected] anymore.

Once you own a cat, you cant go back.

So, get into a cat, sit down, lean back and enjoy the ride.... You will never regret it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast