Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailering question- What would you do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/58976-trailering-question-what-would-you-do.html)

GLH 09-11-2003 04:05 PM

Look ahead and bring a grease gun! That burb will eat it up.

Formula Outlaw 09-11-2003 07:04 PM

Once the "butterflies" are gone you'll have fun bringing your new "prize" home, and the feeling you'll have when you know everybody is checking it out is priceless. You know that 80% wish they were you, 10% have bigger, faster boats, and the other 10% are either stupid or worse, blowboters. Take your time, you'll have fun. Outlaw

OldSchool 09-12-2003 07:16 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Craig, keep me abreast of what day/s you may head out. Maybe I can play some hookie.

Thanks Brian, that's a very gracious offer:) :) I've already got a buddy going with me (the wife) and I think were going to make a romantic evening out of it!:D :D :D I still can't believe that she's letting me get away with this:eek: :cool: :D :D

birdog 09-12-2003 07:36 AM

You will love the triple axle craig ! Piece of cake to tow on the road. Have fun...:D

dangerousdan 09-12-2003 10:32 PM

Whatever you do take the blonde in OA's Blonde Joke along with you. There might be a little too much chrome on the ball.

Bulldog 09-15-2003 12:40 AM

I hauled about 13,000 lbs of boat and trailer from Tierra Verde marina in Florida with about 2 miles to 'practice' before getting on Interstate. I changed oil and tranny fluid to full synthetic, with filters. check tire pressures, coolant belts, brakes. etc.

Oh yeah, I also ran that fancy premium gas for the uphill climbs. Piece of cake. Just go slow and stay out of the way.

Playn 09-15-2003 06:03 AM

you shouldn't have any problems. make sure the trailer has a spare or pick one up for it on your way over to cleveland. you'll be fine.

OldSchool 09-15-2003 06:49 AM

Thanks to everyone,
It looks like Isabel is going to push my dates back a few days:( :( but, as they say, safety first!!!

One last stupid question, am I supposed to stop at weigh stations on the Interstate?:rolleyes:

Formula Outlaw 09-15-2003 07:02 AM

As far as weigh stations, I don't think so. The weigh stations are for keeping the truckers honest. I've trailered boats from New England to Florida 4 times and never been questioned about stopping at a weigh station. Just take it easy and enjoy the ride. You will have fun. Outlaw

Tarheel 09-15-2003 07:39 AM

Craig,

The bullet should be pretty balanced on a triple axle trailer. The suburban won't have any trouble. We've been across country twice pulling the boat. My lessons learned were take a fist full of fuses, a grease gun, and a spare and jack. We had a brake light go bad and it blew all of the fuses in the truck. Took some testing at a truck stop to find the short and fix it. If you don't know if the trailer has a spare...that's tough. You need to know the bolt pattern to buy a spare rim. Most triple axle trailers are 6 lug, but you can't guess. Then try to buy the same tire that's on the trailer. We had a terrible time finding a trailer tire that was the right size once we were on the road and had already used the spare.

Good luck and watch our for the hurricane.

Bill