If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    36 Outlaw
    St. Louis/ LOTO
    Can't you guys get tickets fixed up there? That sucks if you can't. We just pay off the judges here and get out with a noise violation or some non0moving violation.

My Boats:
    1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Lewis Center, Ohio
    Im just happy I didnt get Wreckless OP.... and im a minor, so it dosent matter if the cop wrote down 1000mph in a 25 and it was on the surface of the moon, I would still get a ticket.

My Boats:
    Top Gun
    Batavia Oh.
    Originally posted by enticer
    And no soup for you .... 1 year
    Damn Soup Nazis !!!!!!

Hyper....You are one lucky SOB !!!

My Boats:
    24 OUTLAW
    Bucyrus, Ohio
    Lucky bastard.

I cant believe you were going that fast in that little truck. I was pushing 79 MPH in my 97 S-10 the other day and it didnt feel too safe!

My Boats:
    1973 Donzi X-18 Jet / Malibu Wakesetter / 1974 Sanger Super Jet/ 1970 Donzi St. Tropez
    cincinnati, ohio,
    That's not too bad Hyper!

When I was 18 I got busted doing 77 in a 35 and passing on a double yellow. I had the same experience with the court. He said it was a record and sort of chuckled....then gave me $100 fine, 1 year driving probation, + court cost!! I felt like I made out OK. I slowed down also!!

My Boats:
    When i was 20 i was caught doing 119 in a 45. Would have got in alot of trouble, but i found smeone that knew the judge and it was thrown out.

I considered myself extremely Lucky and have wised up since then.

Chalk it up as experience and start driving sensible before you kill yourself or someone else. (I figure i would say it before Troutly did !! )

The Boat Gods were looking over you !

My last ticket (knock on wood) was 150 + court costs in KY for 10 miles over. I had one other ticket 5 years earlier. You lucked out dude. Better consider that a blessing

Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    You got really lucky with that one. My only speeding tickets were when I was 17. (16 years ago..knock on wood.) Both were 4 points each, and both were way more than you paid in fines. I think they were around 80-90 in a 55. Never lost my license, but I did have to go and take a safety class to keep it. Learned my lesson though, after paying about $3K a year for insurance, pretty much until I got married. Now I pay about half that for my car, truck, house, and a jewelry floater.
    I did, however, get a seat belt ticket last night.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    140+ and pulling away in a 45 when I was 19; and in the Air Force.
    Arlington County, VA right outside the Pentagon. Three juristictions were there on the arrest; but I was released on my own recognizance at the scene. I had no idea I was being chased, and backed off at the beginning of a long sweeping turn where another cop had pulled someone else over.
    Resisting arrest,
    Reckless endangerment (had a girl with me), and
    Evading law enforcement.

Arlington County slapped me some pretty heavy fines; and mandatory driving school, but my license was out of state, and they could not take it.

Top it off with I was in the Air Force, and my Commander had to go to court with me. First Seargeant gave me additional duty for a month.

Worst part was mandatory Assigned Risk Insurance (worse than High Risk). That alone cost me thousands for 2 years.

That was my REALLY dumb move. It never happened again.
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-12-2003 at 09:31 AM.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Well as long as you learned from it, it is all good.

Put your best foot forward!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast