Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Court for ticket this morning (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59019-court-ticket-morning.html)

Offshore Addiction 09-12-2003 11:58 AM

your lucky,theres a kid down here in the paper that was doing 78 by his onboard recorder in a 40 mph that hit a lady that pulled out in front of him and she was killed,his daddy was the lawyer on that big tobacco case and just had to hire a million dollar lawyer to attempt to keep him out of jail,she was doing an illegal u-turn.......

Joe Todesca 09-12-2003 01:46 PM

I have been paying thousand's and thousand of dollars
for many many years The highest points here is a step 35 I'v been a step 34 since Moby Dick was a Minnow . been driving 25 yrs and only 2yrs with no points not to many people will drive with me some of the racers will not even get into a car with me. lesson to be learned don't be like me ! I could have bought a house with the money payed in Insurance JO

RollWithIt 09-13-2003 04:25 AM

I've been really lucky. Only stopped once prior to getting on the job and was given a warning. 74 in a 45 passing another car in a passing zone. Stopped several times since but no tickets. Enough said on how that happened.

GLH 09-13-2003 06:58 AM

Re: Court for ticket this morning

Originally posted by HyperBaja
Small compared to what could have happened.
HB wait till you get the reach around from your insurance company applied to your cars and BOATS...

Seems pretty swift Justice going to court about 6 weeks after the fact I tought it took longer around here.

HOUSTONPROP 09-13-2003 08:00 AM

speeding your xss

I recieved a ticket from TEXAS DICK, for 38 in a 35 mph zone. And the court room was full of these kind of tickets.

THEY MUST OF BEEN HAVING A FUND RAISER FOR DONUTS 100.00/ AND I had to take a defensive driving class to get it removed from my record.

no previous tickets.

DICK WAS THE COPS NAME.:D :D

mopower 09-13-2003 08:35 AM

Re: speeding your xss

Originally posted by HOUSTONPROP
I recieved a ticket from TEXAS DICK, for 38 in a 35 mph zone. And the court room was full of these kind of tickets.

DICK WAS THE COPS NAME.:D :D

Shoulda tried my trick. Go to court with a reciept for speedo. repair. I did that in NY with a receipt for $174 for R&R of tail shaft and replacement of drive and driven gears. It got reduced to and equipment violation and $74 but at least there were no (dreaded) insurance surcharges. Them ba$tard$ can collect 10 times what the police do , and don't even risk their necks:hothead:

RollWithIt 09-13-2003 09:20 AM

38 in a 35 zone, its not even worth the ink to write the ticket. Maybe its different down there but Pa. requires a 10 mph coushion with speed before you can write for speed specific violations.

HOUSTONPROP 09-13-2003 09:44 PM

Lacking Donut Money 38mph in a 35 zone

yes,they did it! and several others the same ,This was in a very small town,The police station and Jail was a trailer house,There were so many complaints it finally hit the news.

I, have not been back to the xhit hole,but I have heard they have quit writing tickets like that.:rolleyes: