ATTENTION! fellow Ohio boaters.  ODNR related >

ATTENTION! fellow Ohio boaters. ODNR related

Notices

ATTENTION! fellow Ohio boaters. ODNR related

Old 09-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ATTENTION! fellow Ohio boaters. ODNR related

Fellow Ohio boaters, if any of you have any ever had been overly harrased by the ODNR especially on Lake Erie, could you please post your story here.

Also feel free to post any storries of good dealings too.

thanks,
Tony
Old 09-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I know they give racers a hard time up there, they were forced to leave us alone because we had a dealer tag and a new customer. I was just glad we knew the law, they were pushing to give us a ticket or two.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had a unpleasant dealing with them on the Ohio river.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not yet......I know it's just a matter of time though
Old 09-11-2003, 02:51 PM
Registered

Hey Thrill,

I think Bernie in the 38 thunder has had some problems with them. I don't know if telling the guy " I was boating when you were sh*ting yellow" and then wanting to fight the guy had anything to do with it, but he had problems.

Dano
Old 09-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Registered

Never had a bad experience. When our boat went down 3 years ago, they were there, made it more fun than it should have been. Im sure if you had to be out in 90+ degree heat in full uniform on a Holiday weekend, and saw everyone having fun, staying cool in water, etc, Im sure you would get a bit cranky at times.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:57 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALL I CAN SAY IS ,I HAD 1-$90.00 TICKET AND HAD TO TAKE BOAT OUT OF WATER . STOPPED ME AGAIN IN CLEVELAND AND WAS ON 5:00 PM NEWS AND WAS TOLD TO LEAVE CLEVE AND GO BACK TO MY DOCK AND NOT TO COME BACK.3RD TIME WE BROKE OUT A VIDEO CAMERA WHILE THEY INSPECTED BOAT WITH THEIR NOISE METER.THEY GOT UPSET WITH CAMERA AND GAVE ME A WARNING OF 113DB.IT WAS A VERY BAD SEEN WITH APPROX 50-75 PEOPLE AROUND.NEXT TIME WILL BE IN JAIL. SO I PUT HYDRO POWER'S MUFFLERS ON.NOW I'M READY BRING'UM ON!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Registered

Default Good story

I was just floating in the middle of my lake playing with the stereo with my head down and heard a voice hollar "Wanna race that thing?", I looked up and it was the State lake patrol, not the park patrol. He sat and talked for about 20 minutes about my boat and some other minor stuff, I offered him a ride and he said he'd be over after work, sure as heck he showed up and we went riding. Run 102 mph with him next to me and he loved every minute of it. I let him drive, I ran the throttles and trim, run it up to 90 mph, (very calm day and we were the only ones out) and never seen a bigger smile. Now I have a new best friend. Very nice person, so you see their not all bad.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:35 PM
WickedWon

Default Its Never Gonna Change, So Just Smile

Put the big boat in at the Sandusky ramp three times this year and got boarded twice. Always have what they want at the ready and they love the mufflers. Its just part of owning a hotrod, always has been always will be. Typically our boats are faster than theirs and how's that joke go....What do ya call a guy with a faster boat..................an a$$hole Its just another get even, so just smile and say "SIR"

JD

Old 09-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was posted earlier

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=53387

I'll post mine again

Guys, I have the Mother-of-all stories about the ODNR.

Two years ago I left kelly's en route home. I had my wife 3 children (1,2, and 6 at the time) and my dad with 2 crushed vertebrae and 2 bad knees. I was running home as slowly as possible (about 40). A sail boat was aiming for the channel for dead on. A fishing boat was in front of me and passes the sail boat. I went to the left of both boats came in the channel and was immediately off plane.

Next thing this fishing boat passes me on plane in a no wake zone and tries to edge me out the channel. I had to take the boat in reverse in order to avoid hitting him. He also had kids on board so I just yelled "you're being unsafe" THEN the big words were used.

He actually takes his boat out of gear just to yell at me. He just about ran a ground doing so. The big words flying the entire time.

Now it twighlight, I let him go way ahead of me because I do not want a loose cannon knowing where I dock.

I see the familiar mast of the ODNR While still in front of me I wave him down. He said where to pull over and we would sort this out.

I'll cut this story here. He gave ME a reckless ops stating I admitted to being on plane within 300 ft outside the channel. He said I failed a sobriety test (I had 3 beers about 2 hours before). I said if you think I'm drunk them get your meter.

They did not try to question any other boats in the ares not anyone on by boat.

They saw nothing and gave me a reckless ops.

I've always been in respect of law enforcement up until that day.

I plead to a minor misdemeanor. They had not case but got me on the technicality. 90% of boats entering west harbor are on plane within 300 feet of the mouth.

Ruined an entire season for me even with my new engines. Boat sat for the rest of the summer and has been for sale ever since.

Thanks ODNR for being so fair. Ohio Division of Natural Resources are not cops but want to be.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION! fellow Ohio boaters. ODNR related

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.