Notices

28 Profile Cat

Old 09-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Steve_H

Default 28 Profile Cat

whats the good , bad , and ugly about these boats?
Attached Thumbnails 28 Profile Cat-28cat4.jpg  

Old 09-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked them out back when I bought my 25' Daytona 3 yrs ago. seems like "a lot" of boat for the money at first glance. A little bigger/deeper etc. and whether used or new seem bargain priced.

Never saw one in person, only a bunch of pics and brochures. How are they made? Hand laid? hull bonded to deck etc? I don't know. For Loto, this stuff is real important.

The pics made them appear to be "less finished", a little more simple or functional in places. The cabin was simply carpeted at that time- spartan even for a cat. The engine hatches i saw were all fiberglass lids with goofier shapes, turned my wife off who likes to lay out on the hatch.

I know after my first trip to LOTO for the shootout a couple yrs ago I developed a much deeper respect for the integrity of my Daytona hull- it was rock solid through that slop and at times I was watching Bayliners disappear in the swells as I poked thru them and came out the other side
Old 09-12-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

Do a search there are a few threads on these boats.

A bunch of us toured the factory last winter.

All hand laid, 360 degreee bonded, full cockpit liner, high back buckets(built by the same people that make skaters). The hull started out as a RedLine. They added a center pod but it very small compared to the west coast cats. They claim the pod isn't in the water at speeds so the boat runs more like a true cat then a center pod cat.

Brian
Old 09-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Registered

Sounds like they are nicer than I realized- glad to hear it
Old 09-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

A view of the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Profile Cat-profilebottom.jpg  
Old 09-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Some finished boats.

The first two look the same because one is a replacement for the other. The first one came off the trailer at 70mph and rolled down the interstate. Insurance bought a replacement hull. So the where swapping the drive train from the old on to the new one. But would you believe the damaged one actually had suck minor damage that Profile kept is as there own personal boat. Goes to show you how strong they are.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Profile Cat-profile4.jpg  
Old 09-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: 28 Profile Cat

Originally posted by lotoparty
whats the good , bad , and ugly about these boats?
Next time you are at the lake talk to Jason or Joel at Lake Shores. I now they have one customer that owns one.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Steve_H

Default Re: Re: 28 Profile Cat

Originally posted by KCHOTBOAT
Next time you are at the lake talk to Jason or Joel at Lake Shores. I now they have one customer that owns one.
hows it going Rich.
missed you guys at perry sunday.

sounds like the profile is just a bit small for loto and anything bigger is out of my range.

back to v shopping.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: 28 Profile Cat

Originally posted by lotoparty
hows it going Rich.
missed you guys at perry sunday.

sounds like the profile is just a bit small for loto and anything bigger is out of my range.

back to v shopping.
We rode in a 30 Spectre at the Ozarks and it was a great ride. We will be at the harbor hop next month.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Registered

wanted to bring this topic back to the top and see if anyone else has some feed back on the profile cats they own now. just questions about overall satisfaction

Quick Reply: 28 Profile Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.