Notices

Custom Parts

Old 09-10-2003, 02:27 PM
jlongtain

Question Custom Parts

I am trying to feel the demand out for custom manufactured part for offshore power boaters. Currently, I am running a small manufacturing facility in Saginaw, MI and am looking to expand my horizons outside of the auto industry. I have already done some small prototype parts for some local friend's boats. Anything, from engine mounts to trim tabs to propshafts to full blown steering and trim systems. My shop is fully equipped with CNC mills, turning centers, I.D. and O.D. grinders as well as surface grinders, gear hobbers and wire EDMs. Please let me know if any of you have a use for such a service. I do in house design and trouble shooting, stress analysis and reverse engineering. Fundamentally, I just really enjoy working on boats. Any questions or comments are appreciated.

Thankyou,

Jay Longtain (A.K.A. J-byrd)

Byrd Performance LLC.

Last edited by jlongtain; 09-10-2003 at 02:30 PM.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am currently designing some parts in pro-engineer. If I get you the g code will your machine cut a peice about 1'x6"x2'. Do you have the capabilities to cut gears? You are a long ways away from me but I am just seaching for ball park prices now. After the part is designed I'll get you some specs.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a woman up in Palm Coast, Florida looking for a parts manufacturing guy for a business she is running. Do you have any name recognition??? Are you well funded??
Old 09-14-2003, 05:04 PM
jlongtain

Thumbs up Capabilities

I can manufacture damn near anything. Gears? Absolutely. My reputation is phenomenal in the auto industry. Soon it will be in the performance marine industry too.

Thanks for the interest and the feedback.

J-byrd