Notices

OT: Cadillac XLR

Old 09-13-2003, 06:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OT: Cadillac XLR

I drove one of these last night. Pretty cool car, Convertible top hides in trunk. It uses no key, it has a proximity tag that senses when you get close to the car to unlock it and then once inside you push a button to start. I kept getting the Key fob out every time I got in the car out of habit but you can just leave it in your pocket. It also has Touch screen GPS/Radio and HUD. The cruise control is adaptive whereas if you are going 65 in cruise mode and a car is in front of you going 60 it will slow down.

The thing is 76K and targeted at the SL500 crowd I think my buddy said limited production of 4,000 They are built on the Corvette chassis platform in Bowling green. I did not put my foot into it but it did move out pretty well I think it has a 320 HP Northstar engine.

Not bad for a Cadillac:

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...jsp?model=xlr#
Attached Thumbnails OT: Cadillac XLR-xlr.jpg  
Old 09-13-2003, 06:40 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful rigs but Cadillacs just get killed on depreciation losing 40% in the first 2 years is too big a nut for me. Now buying it used in a few years might be interesting, unless it goes the Allante way!!!! At least this is rear wheel drive with serious power. Also i think 400HP with the Vette engine.

Sorry ray your right 320HP the new four door I think has the 400hp package I bet the 400HP engine will be in the convertible in a few years.

Last edited by GLH; 09-13-2003 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:42 AM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Ray,

Wait for the CTSi and next years STSi. Check out http://www.gmforums.com for more info. Some significant HP and performance specs coming. It's like Offshoreonly, but for GM fans. GLH is right about the depreciation.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 09-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only way you can compete with the MB cars is to move to germany, build the cars there and then call them mercedes benz. that's it. mb kicks ass on depreciation, performance, quality, bah blah blah. i love america. i love american trucks, but american cars, especially cadilac suck at quality and depreciation. it is sad and disappointing. i wish gm and cadilac could compete. maybe this will be the ticket. good luck cadilac. make america proud.