Notices

Miami/keys winter high dry marina

Old 09-13-2003, 02:05 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami/keys winter high dry marina

Likely will take the Sonic to Miami/the keys this winter. Hey, maybe I can spend the Christmas vacation on it and make up for the lack of use this rainy summer!

Any recommendations?
Old 09-14-2003, 07:59 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

ttt
Old 09-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Grove Key marina, Coconut Grove. Need to call em an book now tho, they are always pretty full..
Old 09-15-2003, 10:49 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

I have called around Miami and am not having too much luck finding what I want: ideally inside storage on cradle/rack, overnight/weekend in water if you want to stay there, pool, showers. restaurant etc.

Am I seeking too much? Or does someone have some more recommendations?

Also, will one outside winter in Miami sun bleach all my black canvas grey?
Old 09-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Boat Girl

Hey CBR, I am the office manager at Harbour Towne Marina in Dania, what is your LOA and beam, does your boat have an arch? We are kinda full and we arent real cheap, but we are reasonable, we have a resturant, showers, courtesy slips, unlimited launches, check out our web site try www.westrec.com or www.harbourtownemarina.com

Old 09-15-2003, 07:05 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Sorry Boat Girl.... 30 foot Sonic, no arch. Easy to handle. Thanks for the links Boat Girl. Nice. How many minutes from FLaud airport? I'll think about it.

I would prefer Miami for easy flight connections, Sobe etc. , but so far no sounds from the Miami guys/gals.

I have been out in the Crazy Greg Sonic in FLaud, and they only place we could open up was out in the ocean.

I am assuming most cruising around FT Laud is going to have to be at no wake and I don't know if I could handle that. Isn't Miami much more friendly to the performance boater?

May spend a couple of weeks cruising down to the keys/DTs and back at Christmas.

Come on Miami, show me some nice High dry marinas with nice facilities like Boat Girl's!

Last edited by CBR; 09-15-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We keep our Apache at Spinnakers on 135th and Biscayne in North Miami. It is 10-15 mins from the Miami Airport. The Marina has showers there. It is also nxt door to Lippship and soon TNT. TNT have recently purchased the Marina and I beleive they will be on site as of the first of the year. We have nothing to say but good things about their facilities.

Kathy
Old 09-15-2003, 09:07 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Thanks kathy! What about pool, restaurant and oh yeah, dock and dines? I am guessing it must be good around there, but I really don't know the area for that.

Where do you like to cruise around from there? How far to protected waters of the Keys?

Last edited by CBR; 09-15-2003 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Grove Key. Coconut Grove.. Indoor cradles are tough to get, but if you book now they can most likely get you in. 4 minutes to open water, 20 minutes to key Largo. No pool, there is a restaraunt there, but it is just a marina basically. There are hotels across the street. Pricey, but it's a killer location, the night life is great and SoBe is 15 minutes by car except when the weekend traffic kicks in..

No place here in Miami with al the luxuries, we just head home when we are done boating and jump in the pool there.

Scott B
Old 09-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Registered

CBR they are right, there really is nothing thay is exactly waht you are looking for. Scott B is probably your best bet.

Quick Reply: Miami/keys winter high dry marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.