Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New race in Orange Beach,AL? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59170-new-race-orange-beach-al.html)

Gordo 09-15-2003 11:43 AM

Steve,
I gather you and Powerboat Princess are the promoters for Alabama?
If so, I look forward to meeting you'all.
I too have voiced my "opinion" on Eric Treadwells thread. I know that the powers that be are watching, and hope things can be worked out.
I would like to see things stay in Key West, at least for this year. But even if things somehow get worked out on the surface, I'm not sure we could trust that Lee Mills wouldn't try to sabotage the event since it didn't go his way.
Hopefully, Mr. Mills will realize he was making a huge mistake, and just back off so APBA can have another world class event.
Also, hopefully he will stop trying to gouge the racers and make his profits from the very people who put on the show.

F1-00 Racing 09-15-2003 12:41 PM

Guys I am not to sure what is going on in KW itself, but isnt the Annex closed due to contruction or something and I also heard that the Harbor part of the course isnt allowed this year. The above is just hearsay and I am not to clear on the facts but if they are true then it would probally be the best thing that we dont do KW. Where would the spectators watch from? Where would the new pits be?
But since the Bahamas was canceled approx 6 months ago and we were just informed of it 3 weeks ago I really wish LLC would get there head out of their asses and think about who is the ones lining your pockets with money and that is us the racers. Without the racers you have nothing. With all of your rule changes(mid-season)and not knowing where you are racing from month to month, its really getting old.
Please forget Lee Miles for a moment and someone from the almighty APBA LLC please step up to the plate and answers these rumors, because we the racers need to make plans with work, airlines, hotels, etc. Either that or I say screw it and lets all go to Deerfield. At least we know that race is going off w/o a hitch.

Reindl Powerboats 09-15-2003 01:02 PM

Robin,

If you need anything, let me know. I have been to every APBA race for the last 3 years and have on a few as well.

[email protected]

CAP071 09-15-2003 01:16 PM

This is the worst circle jerk I have been in ever.

I had 10 friends booked in Key West. I just called them and they all canceled. Yes they can get the room $$$ back but not the plane tix. they will loose at least $300 each.

AS 1 buddy put it This is typical boating bull****.

stevequick 09-15-2003 01:20 PM

Gordo,
I'm just a participant (testosticles larger than IQ). Robin is part of the crew that put on one of the most spectacular races (I have seen) in years. Trent, he's a Jersey Boy. One of a group who have the most fun and speak the most truth. SQ

Shane 09-15-2003 01:22 PM

Originally posted by CAP071
This is the worst circle jerk I have been in ever.

I had 10 friends booked in Key West. I just called them and they all canceled. Yes they can get the room $$$ back but not the plane tix. they will loose at least $300 each.

AS 1 buddy put it This is typical boating bull****.

Cap071,

Usually you can obtain a credit for the flight for future use. Check into it. Glad you got the lodging money back. As for what your buddy said...typical offshore racing bull**** is what it is!

CAP071 09-15-2003 02:15 PM

Shane what pissed me off most was that I begged all my friends to take off work and use vacation days and spend money so we could all go down as a huge group. Then I used my travel agent and she calls me today asking what is going on why everyone is backing out now?

I can't even begin to tell you about all the married guys that got into hufe arguements with wives over them coming alone or with them! HA-HA!

AugiePensa 09-15-2003 02:44 PM

Thanks Steve, as Smitty said...We have a Jersey Boyz Race this Friday September 19, 2003 at 1:00PM in the Atlantic Ocean at the Beautiful Jersey Shore with waves to be between 18 and 24 feet.......that's what they call Offshore Racing! I wouldn't put it pass Sticks and Smitty to be out there and as you know....where Smitty and Sticks go, Kevin and I go!!!!!!Hpe we make it back in, Regards Augie.

overbored 09-15-2003 02:45 PM

Huhhhh........Why don't we all just race at the worlds with SBI this year and make Carbonell happy? Huh!