Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Too Old (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59255-too-old.html)

Cash Bar 09-15-2003 01:23 PM

I believe all of the above and then some. I have NEVER met or spoken to ANYONE willing to help like Fred.

Greg

Chris288 09-15-2003 01:28 PM

From the statements above, I am gathering Fred left OSO again ??....

BLee 09-15-2003 02:44 PM

He'll be back. The OSO hook was set looong ago. He's just runnin some line out, takin a break.

Sydwayz 09-15-2003 02:53 PM

Too many posts are missing or deleted to know the whole story. I did see a quote aimed at Fred that was TOTALLY inappropriate. That is NOT was OSO was designed for. OSO is supposed to be beneficial and most of all; FORKING FUN! I really hope we see Too Old back soon, as I for sure would miss his input.

cuda 09-15-2003 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Magicfloat
If anyone cares to list the name of a more calming and influientuial and more diplomatic member than Too Old,please post it now. But I doubt any names will be posted.
I can think of only one other name, Robert Nelems.

Wally 09-15-2003 03:28 PM

I have no idea whats going on but i will say that the first time i met Fred i considered him a class act, stand up kind of guy. I as well as others consider him a friend and an asset to this board.
I have told many members here from this board that i have met through out the years that the only problem with a forum such as this, is that you cant tell the "feelings" of how someone was trying to post something. (Not sure on how that last line came across either myself! :D ) My point is that what someone may write on this board jokeingly someone else may read it all wrong and get the wrong idea. I for one have never taken anything anyone has said to me personaly. And unless i'm face to face with someone and can hear for myself how they are saying it to me i wont take anything seriously! :)

Phknlwyr 09-15-2003 03:31 PM

I remember my first posts which, by their nature, ignited a ****storm. The context was a joke that I deemed inappropriate and I let Risk Taker (the joke starter) known it. As the newbie, I was called very name in the book. As an attorney, I gave it right back (in spades, I believe). Too Old leant his voice of reason to the thread and quickly demonstrated the moderate, knowing wisdom that we have all come to admire and upon which many of us rely. The mandate to Fred in the Pantera thread that began with "shut" and ended with "up" was unwarranted and disrespectful. This Board attracts many different people, all of whom contribute in different ways to the OSO family. I have discovered through reading different posts and threads that you are more often rewarded on OSO for insightful opinions than for colorfully worded attacks on others. I do not now, nor have I ever owned a boat. I aspire to own one soon and hope that people like Fred are available to me on this forum when I need their sage advice. To run him off this Board with unnecessary personal attacks is short-sighted and immature.

Magicfloat 09-15-2003 03:38 PM

Well said,Lawyer guy. I think we will see Too Old back.He won't leave me strung out here as someone also too old,heck,I'm older than him.Everybody has to chill from time to time,I sure do.

Risk Taker 09-15-2003 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
I remember my first posts which, by their nature, ignited a ****storm. The context was a joke that I deemed inappropriate and I let Risk Taker (the joke starter) known it.............
Yeah, and I haven't been the same since. Can't sleep....can only hold down liquids.....love life shot !! Hey, I think I need a Phknlwyr........:D:D;)

HiPerf2000 09-15-2003 04:05 PM

Originally posted by Wally
My point is that what someone may write on this board jokeingly someone else may read it all wrong and get the wrong idea. I for one have never taken anything anyone has said to me personaly. And unless i'm face to face with someone and can hear for myself how they are saying it to me i wont take anything seriously! :)
Wally.....I dont think this was in a "jokeingly" matter :

Originally posted by panteraman28
I own a Pantera and have had a few problems with them but we were able to work them out, You will get your boat and you will be very happy with it. I talked to Dominic the owner of the mentioned boat and he is a nice guy, all he wants to know is a completion date on his boat, he likes Joe and his family but is getting alittle nerveous because of the money he has commited. Custom made boats always seem to take longer than expected, and as for TOOO Old you should take your geritol and shut the f*&k up, this is an open form. The only thing I will agree with you on is that the owner should post a thread , and bashing unless you have the facts or written goods to share gets you no where