Notices

Key West WorldsThe Truth.

Old 09-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert, I hope that it is Orange Beach. It would be great to race with friends and family in attendance. We could also show some of these folks some 'Southern Hosptality'. Do you think they are ready for the Flora -Bama? John H.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:57 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Hi,John.Will you be racing the cat or just one design. I imagine most of the folks on this board will love the FloraBama. An experiance that has to done whenever down there.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the truth - the Mayor speaks

Well I e-mailed Mayor Weekely of Key West and he quickly replied.

Brian,

I just heard the news and I'm meeting with the City Manager later to find out all the facts. I do know that Lee Mills has not approached the City for his permits. Also, I understand that the Navy would not give permission for Lee to use the outer mole for the race.

Sorry I do not have any other information right now. This has caught me by surprise.

Jimmy Weekley

I couldn't figure out how to post the original e-mail on here. If anybody wants to see the original, send me your e-mail address. OH YEA I ALMOST FORGOT.........

LEE MILLS YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DUMBASS I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE! BH
Old 09-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Registered

Someone please post something positive. If even HALF of this sh*t is true Lee Mills has got to be the biggest dumdass in racing. How did someone this incompetent ever get control of the biggest offshore race in the country?
Old 09-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Registered

I almost hate to say it, but I'm patting myself on the back right now. Almost a year ago, I got a burr under my saddle to take the Mrs down to Key West for the Worlds - combine a little vacation with a boat race, what could be better? And yet, and yet, this little voice kept whispering in my ear: "better be sure, better make sure this thing isn't going to be a ****up like all those other races..."

Some of you may remember, I even posted my concerns here in the board. Every response said, don't worry, no way will anything happen to Key West, it's the biggest race of the year, etc. As it turns out, I never followed through on the vacation plans - looks like it was a good move now!

** Just a note to whoever is at the root of this colossal cluster-****: This is the **** that is killing offshore races. I'm the guy you need to be there - the casual fan. I'm the guy the sponsors want. After this latest in a long string of site changes, date changes, race cancellations, etc., it's not worth the time and aggravation to try and attend a race. Congratulations, you bunch of dumb ****s. ***
Old 09-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn how am I going to build up my new T-shirt collection for my 2004 season?
Old 09-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Registered

Great plan and post from APBA on what must be a very difficult situtation. I am sure not every one understands the problems with power boat race promoters, but they are all affected by their actions. I am sure APBA will react in a positive manner to make sure this will not happen again ever. GO ORANGE BEACH, AL AND THE 2004 SEASON!!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt
Old 09-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

MagicFloat,

Remember that SBI's courses are similiar to Nascar kinda of like an oval. LLC for some unknown reason puts in a million turns left and right. I guess for exciting racin or something like that. Spectators might not have that great of view of the whole course like they did in August. I dont know though, I am just basing this on past history
Old 09-17-2003, 11:30 AM
JKK
Registered

If the ABPA (Mike A) Let the stuff happen then it is the fault of the APBA period, there really is no other group out there with enough juice to screw up his program unless he allows it to happen, or we would all be racing for SBI. So to blame this on any other party outside of the APBA is purely ridiculous. Obviously someone doesn't know how to run the business and protect it's interests and in the end the racers, fans and sponsors are the ones that get Phuched, regardless of which story you believe.!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Key West WorldsThe Truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.