Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Island Hot Toddy Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59353-long-island-hot-toddy-run.html)

charlie 28 09-16-2003 08:00 AM

Long Island Hot Toddy Run

OSO member Shane just called me and was inquiring about this years HOT TODDY RUN! Unfortuantely my computer has been malfunctioning. Due to the re-scheduling of the Glen Cove Run and the pending Hurricane I am TENTATIVELY planning on it being Saturday October 18, 2003. We are planing to run from Bayshore to West Hampton. I need to confirm the restaurant will be open that late in the year and for everybody's best interest I think waiting until after Isabel moves through to firm anything up. When I get my computer back up and running and after Isabel passes I will post more definitive plans. Thanks for all of your interest and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

T2x 09-16-2003 01:01 PM

Charlie:

Why so late??? It'll be 50 degrees and blowing by then.... I hope not and I'm in if the weather holds...but maybe try for earlier in OCT?

T2x

Peconic 09-16-2003 01:16 PM

Why so late???

That's why they call it hot toddy run. FYI, I live there and I never put the boat hi & dry before the end of November.

10/18 suits me just fine.

I'm in the Westhampton area and will make that trip twice that day: WHB - Bayshore -WHB.

Which restaurant, Charlie?

If you need any help on our end of the run, let me know.

Shane 09-16-2003 09:29 PM

T2x,

It is later this year because of Reggie Fest, the NYC Brunch Run, and the Glen Cove Run being postponed. Additionally, Charlie has to travel one of the other weekends. I am planning on going as well. Hope to see you there.

Peconic,

If memory serves me correctly, we have run to the West Hampton Grill each of the past 4 years or so that I have attended.

Shane

T2x 09-16-2003 10:34 PM

Originally posted by Peconic
That's why they call it hot toddy run. FYI, I live there and I never put the boat hi & dry before the end of November.

10/18 suits me just fine.

Yeah....but you aren't running over 100.........

I'm keeping my fingers crossed ... Charlie's a great guy and this is a great event..........but if "Winter Seas" come early...and the Cod fleet is running out of Freeport...... We'll need snowmobile suits all around.

T2x

T2x 09-16-2003 10:38 PM

Originally posted by Shane
T2x,

It is later this year because of Reggie Fest, the NYC Brunch Run, and the Glen Cove Run being postponed. Additionally, Charlie has to travel one of the other weekends. I am planning on going as well. Hope to see you there.

Shane

What the hell is "Reggie Fest"? ....pray tell

T2x

Peconic 09-17-2003 05:19 AM

As I said, if you guys need any assistance on the WHB end, let me know.

If I recall correctly, the WH Grill is open year round.
Westhampton Grill (631) 288-3500

I'm in Europe at the moment. Will be back this weekend.

Shane 09-17-2003 10:20 AM

Originally posted by T2x
What the hell is "Reggie Fest"? ....pray tell

T2x

It's a convention of short bald guys with bad comb overs, polyester pants, velcro sneakers from 1985 and Mr. T gold chain starter kits!:p :p

Ryan Beckley 09-17-2003 10:26 AM

Reggie is hold "THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP POKER RUN" and KILO EVENT??????????????????????? Along with PRA Bill Taylor

Shane 09-17-2003 10:41 AM

Apparently this years Hot Toddy Run appears to be bigger than ever. Many of the northeasts top offshore marina's will be represented along with past and present racers and their hardware! You comin' up this year Ryan?