Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships Update (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59400-apba-uim-offshore-world-championships-update.html)

Treadwellmotorsports 09-18-2003 11:25 AM

GUY'S,

FIRST OF ALL IT IS NOT A GUESS. LEE MILL'S TOLD ME HE WILL NOT PAY THE SANCTION FEE.

THE FEE IS ONLY 75,000.00 DOLLARS FOR A WEEKS WORTH OF RACING. ANY GOOD PROMOTER WILL MAKE A FORTUNE.

PLUS I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU GUY'S DON'T UNDERSTAND. LEE MILL'S OWN'S THE RACE. WE DO NOT PROMOTE RACES. WE ARE A SANCTIONING BODY. WE MAKE DEALS WITH PROMOTERS TO PUT ON A RACE. IN THIS CASE LEE SAW FIT AT THE LAST MINUTE TO SCREW US.

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT BUT TRY SOMEWHERE ELSE, LIKE WE ARE. LIKE SOMEBODY ELSE SAID. YOU CONTRACT A CUSTOM KITCHEN WITH SOMEBODY AND YOUR SUPPOSED TO START WORK ON IT TOMMROW. YOU CHARGE THE PERSON20,000 DOLARS. IT GOING TO COST YOU 16,000.00 DOLLARS TO DO IT. AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE THE CUSTOMERS SAYS I AM ONLY GOING TO PAY YOU 15,000.00. NOW LETS SAY THE CUSTOMER WAS THE PRESIDENT. WOULD YOU WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND PUT IN A KITCHEN FOR THE PRESIDENT IF IT'S GOING TO COST YOU MONEY. HELL NO.

TREADWELL

THEJOKER 09-18-2003 12:37 PM

cut the BS

If you can look through all the BS you'll see Lee Mills wanting to run his own races in the future. In the Lee Mills thread from the Key West newspaper it say's LM will have the triple crown next year. Another ******* with dollar signs in his eyes , trying to make a buck off the racers. Now he is trying to compete with SBI and APBA? What a ignorant SOB! BH

jackson_staley 09-18-2003 12:44 PM

Treadwell, first of all stop with the all caps. Makes it hard to read.
Secondly this has happened time and again. That's what contracts, performance bonds, and penalty clauses are for. the head of APBA is an attorney yet this happens? This isn't the first time!
I'm glad APBA was able to reschedule in Orange beach but the fact of the matter is they shouldn't have to if things were run right.
Why wasn't the sanction money required 120 days ahead of time? Was the $75,000 a big surprise?
All this comes from the head of APBA and a former member of his board! Isn't Lee an attorney as well?
Wake up and smell the coffee, it's burning and the only ones hurt are the fans, the racers, the cities, and the reputation of the offshore racing community.

FormulaFan 09-18-2003 12:48 PM

APBA-OFFSHORE

Well, it looks like Mike A/ APBA-Offshore has the support of the racers! Hopefully, next year all of the BS will be over and the races will be scheduled way in advance so the Racers, Sponsors, and (Most importantly) the Fans will be able to make travel plans and support APBA-OFFSHORE!

BDFREE 09-18-2003 12:48 PM

I THINK

THE JOKER SAID IT ALL!!!!!!!!

BDFREE 09-18-2003 12:58 PM

BOAT GIRL

Was is not LEE who made S.B.I. leave key west.
BY not taking care of JOHN?:confused:

Treadwellmotorsports 09-18-2003 01:01 PM

sorry for the caps.

performance contracts are great. how can you make somebody perform if they go broke wich happens in many cases. sure you could sue and get what. i am sure mike could sue lee. but you damm well know it will take more then two months to even see inside a courtroom and by that time it all over. so whats the point. shrug you shoulders and move as best you can.

Treadwell

Audiofn 09-18-2003 01:30 PM

Re: Jon,

Originally posted by Gordo
you're right. APBA would rather lose credibility with both fans and racers, throw away a buttload of money, cut their own throats and commit virtual suicide by simply throwing away the biggest race of the year rather than pulling that magic quick-fix out of their azz... :rolleyes: By the way how did you get so sexy :D
Gordo I think that you know that do not feel that APBA is malitious in this case to try and hurt the teams or fans. HOWEVER I think that you can see that seems to be a lot of the end result. This is not the first time this has happened with them and I am sure it will not be the last. I remember after the Cape Cod race them saying that they had signed a deal for 2 more years. That never happened either....... Do I think that they have lost a lot of money in this? Ya probably a ton. I am just guessing however that ego's got in the way of common sence that kept a equitable solution in the works. I like everything that APBA has done in the last few years but for me as a former guy that raced and a fan I just can not accept these types of changes. They cost to much money.

Jon

Audiofn 09-18-2003 01:33 PM

Oh and Gordo Don't make me break out the video :D:D;);)

jackson_staley 09-18-2003 01:42 PM

Treadwell, I understand your point, however IF there was a proper contract why wouldn't APBA sue? Isn't this costing them big $$$ or is it just the racers and fans that are losing? Lee seems to have enough money to hold a race so money can't be the problem not suing. Lack of money hasn't stopped Alwiess from suing in the past, Crouse, APBA Detroit and it's officers etc.

My point is the whole mess hasn't been handled in a business like manner since day one. IF they have a contract, enforce it! If not then big shame on APBA! Who's getting screwed?

If this was the first time I could accept it, but this has happened time and again. Why is there always controversy over and over? APBA is just running from one fire to another trying to put them out. Better to not start them in the first place.