Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships Update >

APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships Update

Notices

APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships Update

Old 09-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Boat Girl

BDFREE I dont believe SBI was forced out by APBA or Lee Mills, SBI chose to leave for various reasons, some of them being other promoters and situations people may or may not be aware of...and to say that Lee Mills was THE reason is giving one man far to much credit or power...I dont believe one man has that much power...I think one of the major reasons could have been the fact that one of the title sponsors for SBI worlds is Al Copeland and NOLA is his hometown, so why not try it...And the Annex being a govt facility has been changing and during times of conflict it may have to close to civilian activity, that is always a risk...depends on the version you choose to believe

Last edited by Boat Girl; 09-18-2003 at 02:01 PM.

Old 09-18-2003, 01:53 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Beckles
Actually, I think you're both wrong, there are three Worlds,!
Actually there are four World's......... If you count the "real" World's....... The UIM event in Dubai in which a truly representative group of multinational racers compete for something other than three versions of the U.S. "World" championships.

T2x...........

Last edited by T2x; 09-18-2003 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:56 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Default Re: APBA-OFFSHORE

Originally posted by scarabfan
! Hopefully, next year all of the BS will be over and the races will be scheduled way in advance so the Racers, Sponsors, and (Most importantly) the Fans will be able to make travel plans
Well......... this marks the 25th consecutive year I've heard this hopeful tune.

T2x
Old 09-18-2003, 01:59 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Default Re: cut the BS

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Another ******* with dollar signs in his eyes , trying to make a buck off the racers. Now he is trying to compete with SBI and APBA? What a ignorant SOB! BH
If he who was without sin cast the first stone in this little fray.............. There would be nothing in the air.

T2x
Old 09-18-2003, 02:37 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

On a more serious note.......I don't know if it's too late....and I certainly applaud the Alabama group and their effort to try and save a bad situation. But That having been said........ the bottom line to solve this situation.....today.

APBA LLC and Lee Mills........ go to Barnes and Noble and buy a dictionary......... Look up the word.......
C-O-M-P-R-O-M-I-S-E........

I know it's a revolting thought to both your houses.....but reasonable men can accomplish a lot more than unreasonable ones.

My advice to the racers is simple...and you've heard it before. Hold your leaders accountable for results, rather than following them blindly through crap.....and stop hurling insults...... it makes the sport and its participants seem like hooligans.

T2x
Old 09-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been reading these posts for some time now and this has got to be the most controversial yet.

I'm not a racer, I'm a fan. I planned on being in Key West to watch the races and now feel completely screwed. All the talk about bringing the sport into the next level and being more like Nascar is just that, talk. It is not only up to the sanctioning bodies to secure a schedule, but it is the racers and sponsors who should insist on it BEFORE the season starts. Nascar schedules are basically written in stone and the race teams and fans know dates/times for races for the entire year at the beginning of the season. Contracts are signed and all details worked out the YEAR before the race. Why can't this be done here? Why is there such drama at the last minute for something so important as the World Championships? The people who schedule these events should already have most of next years schedule layed out, contracts signed and permits pulled or in the process.

As a fan, it sounds to me like no one is watching the store while everyone is out racing. Is it a matter of not having qualified people in the marketing department?

Good luck to everyone racing in the Worlds. Too bad I'll miss it.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:48 PM
BDFREE

BOAT GIRL

I did not mean to impley that ,I was only asking.
I am sure there was other reasons,but iam
sure LEE had a hand in it.

Old 09-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Boat Girl

BDFREE- I am sorry if I sounded that way, I didnt mean to sound that you were implying, but you do have a valid reason the same people seem to be the root of the same conflicts...

T2X as always, a true gentleman and a voice of reason...

Always a Jersey Girl...What exit, no matter where I live I will always be a Jersey girl at heart...

Old 09-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

BOTTOM LINE---------EVERYONE LOSES!!!!!!!!!

I feel the worst for other racers and mostley for the FANS that have scheduled there whole year around going to Key West. Alot of people saw this comming months ago and here it is. There are alot of people going to lose alot of money & time in this whole deal becuase of a few people. No ONE person is to blame. There are three sides to every story his-theres- and THE TRUTH. Now we all know that will probably never come out so the time is now to pick where you are going and make the best of the situation. I am Sure the People in Orange Beach are going to do a phenomanal job putting on the best race possible. My true feelings are that like MOST people I belive this should still be worked out an raced in Key West thats where they should be always have always will. hell I knew that when I was SEVEN years old and watched my first race there in 1982. Ever since then I get goosebumps just thinkg about the races there in November. I've watched triumph and tragedy there, one of my early heros in life lost his there when I was 11. But each of us have our own thoughts about KW because it is TRADITION. Which goes along with words like HONOR, RESPECT, & DIGNITY to bad all that has been lost in this. I know this may sound kind of goofy but all I've wanted to do since I saw my first race was to race and now I'm doing it, and I'll still be racing when most of todays teams are gone because I love it. But this crap is ridicoulus how can a few poeple ruin our whole year. I've heard both sides of this and the bottom line it's all about MONEY & POWER.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally posted by Ron P
Amazing. Try to explain to a NASCAR fan how there are three different boats in the same class that all profess to be the 2003 World Champion...but they never raced against each other.

It just gets stranger and stranger. You just couldn't make this kind of stuff up.
Tell them to ask the pit crew, that gives them a ice cold beverage, or The fuel guy....Two Differant Sports

Last edited by Moisture-Missil; 09-18-2003 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.