Notices

OT: home theater speakers

Old 09-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Default OT: home theater speakers

Anybody got a source for discounts on Definitive Technologies speakers?

I just got hold of a low-hour Runco CinemaPro 750 (yeah I know it won't do HDTV) and a Faroudja LD100 doubler and I figure it's time to upgrade the speakers to something that is less piercing than my Klipsch KLF30's (that may truly be the ultimate teen party speakers on the planet).
Old 09-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Cat & Mice

Don't carry Definitive Technologies,
but I do carry B&W which I think is a better brand. Not to say that there is anything wrong with Definitive speakers they make a good product

Normally it is hard to find B&W at a discount, but we need to sell some of our Demo models to make room for the new models. This is the only time that we can sell at a discount.

You might want to check it out http://www.bwspeakers.com/ before you buy anything else.

Do some research and you will see why they are the second largest speaker manufacture in the world. And they build speakers to around performance, unlike the number one manufacture in the world.

I guess I better get off my soupbox!

If you are interested then PM me.

Pyle

Old 09-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I offer a sub called the SuperNova that really performs well. It is one of the few that perform well to music and home theater. Visit www.earthquakesound.com and read the links and captions from magazines on their website. I also carry Velodyne, Fosgate Audionics and many others that I can get you a deal on.

I have an overstock on MBQuart home theater towers. I have 16 pairs in black that perform very well and are brand new in the box with a five year warranty. If you are not aware MBQuart is a german company that makes speakers that are true to life as compared to many flat sounding speakers.

The blowout price on the MBQuart tower speakers is $469.99 a pair. Basically, I am running a buy one get one free deal on speakers that are hard to beat and rarely discounted. However I can help get any OSOr a deal feel free to call 813-882-8477

Andy
Old 09-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Gold Member

CAT.. I have B&W speakers in my home theater.. they sound GREAT! CMT-7NT's int he front, 1NT's in the rear and a CNT for the center... absolutly LOVE them. Run a velodyne SPL1200 sub for the low end.

mc... If you have not looked up B&W check em out.. they are worth a listening to.

I have not heard the MBQuart home stuff, but they car audio speakers sound really good...
Old 09-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am familiar in name with B&W, MBQuart, and many others. I'm just kind of pressed for time to audition a bunch of speakers these days and have been in several setups that use the def techs and they suit my preferences for the room in question.

I've got a Hsu Research sub that kicks butt pretty well, so I figure I can stand mains that are a little soft in kickage. I'll do double-duty on music and HT, but it's more of a HT room than music.

I've been impressed with MBQ's car stuff, but have never heard any of their home products.

Still looking for a connection for Def Tech. I hear that the new BP7000's don't need an external sub (built-in 18"ers with 1000watt amps apiece).
Old 09-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I don't sell any audio stuff, BUT I have to say that I'm yet to hear anything come close to my Klipsch La Scala's. Unless you have a pair of the Klipsch Corner Horns! Just old school ears I guess
MD
Old 09-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey, I hear ya loud and clear.

I've had Heresy's, Cornwalls, and every club around here used to have commercial LaScala's in them (with those cool folded horns). Friend had a set of early 60's K-horns and that's where I got my start into Paul Klipsch's genius. The KLF's I have now are kind of a meld between old Klipsch and new, with extreme efficiency, Tractrix horn, and big bottom end (although not from a horn loaded woofer). They just aren't subtle speakers and they just aren't my first choice for watching movies like Yentl (no, I have never seen Yentl, and never will but it sounds like a movie with very little yelling and explosions which the KLFs are good at...).

LaScalas are also a little large for the room I have in mind. Need something shaped less like a washing machine and more like a 6-yr old child (I couldn't think of anything else that is the size and shape of a mid-tower speaker).
Old 09-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Registered

i use NHT's and dig them. sound very crisp and clean, but also full. very good balanced sounding speaker.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered

I have four Infinity Speakers for my surround sound, and a Yahama Center Channel and Subwoofer.

They work great!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:04 AM
CIGAR

How do you guys (pros) feel about miller and kreisel speakers? Looking into the thx models.

Quick Reply: OT: home theater speakers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.