Notices

To all Offshore Race Teams & Race Fans

Old 09-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Dixie Doug
Nick,see ya at the Flora-Bamma Bar
I've heard many things......See Ya there, Doug!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:57 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mr. Nichols,

With words of praise towards you and the folks of Alabama coming from guys like Augie Pensa, that means something. I have also heard of some of your efforts concerning APBA, SBI, and the sport of Offshore racing. It seems you have gained/earned an impressive amount of credibility in a very short time in Offshore racing circles. Please allow me to be very frank,
Don't screw the pooch.

I admit, I'm mad, I'm upset, and I'm extremely disappointed that we will not be racing in Key West, but have heard some very good feedback about your race earlier this year. In fact, after reading your post, I'm starting to feel the excitement again about racing in the APBA World Championships. You obviously realize you have a big bill to follow and I commend you and your team for taking on such an effort. I'm sure you have already read such statements and remarks that may sound somewhat uncomplimentary toward Alabama. Please don't take these personally as I'm sure you can understand that we are still pissed, burnt, confused and hurting from the recent days events.
In reading this post, and previous posts from you, I have no doubt you and your team can and will make this a very successful event. In fact, this whole affair could end up being a very positive experience for everyone involved, (except for Lee Mills).
I look forward to meeting you and your team. I also look forward to seeing the beaches of Alabama. But most of all, I'm looking forward to racing again.
On behalf of our race team, Thank you, and best of luck to you and your staff.
Mike "Gordo" Gordon
A-78 Revolution Marine Inc. Racing

Last edited by Gordo; 09-17-2003 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Doller Offshore
I have tried to get a flight into Pensacola, from Ft. Lauderdale, or any S. FLa Airport, but no direct Flights...
Is that the closest Airport?
Pensacola is the closest commercial airport, and Mobile the next closest.

There are no direct flights from South Florida to Pensacola I believe (or Mobile), so you're going to have to connect in Atlanta (Delta or AirTran), Memphis (Northwest), or Charlotte (US Airways).