Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West - Words From the Mayor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59436-key-west-words-mayor.html)

BLee 09-17-2003 08:57 AM

ALABAMA!?!?!?!? Where will they be next year, Nebraska?

tachyon 09-17-2003 09:25 AM

LOTO is too rough for an Offshore race:D :D

BLee 09-17-2003 09:37 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
They should hold them at LOTO! All the spectators raft off in the middle....PARTY COVE STLYE.... and they run a big circle around the outside :p :crazy:
Now THAT would be sweet. Make em run to Big Dicks and back 5 times.

JKK 09-17-2003 11:24 AM

You cannot put the blame on Lee only, the blame should be put on both Lee and Mike A, sounds as if they all are telling untruths...........Par for the course I believe!!!!

ChrisK 09-17-2003 01:01 PM

How is mike telling an "untruth"? It is proven that Lee Mills has not paid the sanctioning dues, and as it looks has also not gotten the proper permits. I see no wrong doing on APBA's part, only mr Mills'.

CigDaze 09-17-2003 01:18 PM

I agree, ChrisK.

F1-00 Racing 09-17-2003 02:11 PM

Chris K,

"It is proven that Lee Mills has not paid the sanctioning dues"
Please enlighten the whole racing community, how is this fact proven? Do you have documents or evidence solidifying you comment?
I am not by any means saying he has, but this has been par for the course this year. Insurance problems in Daytona that got resolved last minute, Securing a bond(or cashiers check) in order to race in Sarasota, and the latest is that St Pete is not in stone due to monies owed from 2 years ago. How much of this do the racers have to take?
LLC provides the venues with approx 60-80 boats a venue and has some very competitive racing that I have enjoyed for over 3 years now as a crewman and as a racer. We were told a couple of months ago that the schedule was a lock. Lets see, since then Bahamas has officially been cancelled(after being canceled in Jan/Feb by the bahamas themselves), Tampa moved to St Pete and now KW up to Ala. My travel agent thinks I am crazy with all of these changes.

My father raised me with "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see" and sorry thats the atitude I have to keep with the turmoil that has happened this year.

Peconic 09-17-2003 02:30 PM

Promise to pay your registration fees.

Then don't pay.

If they say no money, no race, claim that there is ample precedent for your actions.

"Sanctioning bodies and race promoters are my heroes. I promised I will emulate them every step of my way."

Beckles 09-17-2003 02:37 PM

Originally posted by ChrisK
It is proven that Lee Mills has not paid the sanctioning dues, and as it looks has also not gotten the proper permits. I see no wrong doing on APBA's part, only mr Mills'.
Actually, I thought APBA's announcement that they emailed to us and posted here was interesting, read it carefully:

Originally posted by APBA Offshore
We notified the Key West promoter, Lee Mills, several weeks ago that he needed to sign a sanction agreement and pay the requisite sanction fee if he wanted an APBA sanction. In the end, Mr. Mills chose to stage his own independent event. Many of you received his invitation and noticed that there was no mention of the APBA. You noticed the same thing about his website. We noticed too.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but nowhere does APBA say that Lee Mills did not pay the sanctioning fee. I would be much more comfortable if APBA had said "Lee Mills did not pay the sanction fee." ... instead, we got vauge language ...

hitman 09-17-2003 02:49 PM

Yeah Right!!!

This childish charade called APBA, let me get this right... Never knew Mills didnt get the permits, AND never checked with the Mayor and other high ups in KW??? Sounds about right for Mike A!!!