Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!! >

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Notices

The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Old 11-19-2003, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard something to the fact that he would get half the promoters fees if 45 boats were in attendance.

Just hearsay...but thats what I heard.

From the reports Im getting, he doesnt have 30.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Registered

Default Re: Who do you believe?

Originally posted by JimV
The rumor I just heard is that APBA Michael Allweiss owes Mills 125,000 from a previous dept and wasn't invited to Key West until the dept was paid. Can this be true?
My understanding is the number is actually more like $550,000. Mills basically told the LLC (Mike A) to take the Key West sanctioning fees ($75,000) off the top of what the LLC owes Mills. That is when it all began to unravel.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Registered

Too Old,

Unfortuantely that is what happens when you have very successful business people that have lot sof control over their lives both professionally and personally and have the financial means to make the changes they deem necessary. Good, bad or indifferent it is a fact of life in offshore..always has been. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just making an observation.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:43 AM
BK
Registered

It always amazes me that when things are going better than they have been in the past - after a couple of years, the racers forget what the old days were like and then change right back to the downslide they were enduring to begin with.

And then the cycle continues.....over and over again

And I am speaking about many, many boat racing circuits, not just offshore.

A few years ago, Powerboat mag editor Brett Becker wrote an article about our sport titled "FRAGMENTATION". It hit the nail on the head.

I am also glad that the Unlimited Hydro owners/teams/drivers are smart enough to keep their disagreements with the sanctioning body OFF of public message boards, and only deal directly with parties involved. Maybe from experience they know hashing out gripes in the public eye is nothing but UGLY. To both sides. It will destroy their professional status they've worked hard to build and even demean their own progress.

Last edited by BK; 11-19-2003 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

32 boats so far is what I counted.....................................

Race at 10:30 a m

Parade last night was great up Duvall.
Already hit Ricks, Sloopys for lunch, The Bull
Old 11-19-2003, 09:39 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Parade last night was great up Duvall.
Already hit Ricks, Sloopys for lunch, The Bull [/B][/QUOTE]

Wish we could be there!!!

Have fun Kitten/Danger Kitty.......keep us posted on the winner of the Scooter race!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Registered

to the joker,why do you have to stir the pot? it's a race,support it or don't say anything and as said if allweis payed his bills you all would be racing today.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:32 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Snake Oil 90 miles from Cuba!

Originally posted by THEJOKER
110 boats predicted in Key West and how many are there? Wasn't the city only paying Mr Mills if a certain number of boats showed up? BH

Nice jab Brian........................

T2x.................... cautioning you not to be so predictable, lest you become a sycophant.

Last edited by T2x; 11-19-2003 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:36 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
In my opinion NONE of this is as damaging as the recent boycott by a group of racers. Their actions were short sighted, selfish and will have a negative impact on putting together any schedule for the up coming season.

What city will want to promote a race knowing a group of racers could decide to boycott their race anytime they have a disagreement with the sanctioning body?

No one in their right mind wants to assume that kind of risk.
Fred:

Heavy handed short sighted leadership creates unpleasant responses...not vice versa. In this case the chicken....laid the egg... and found it's too late to change the baby's eyes.

T2x
Old 11-19-2003, 10:38 AM
rpusillo

The web site for Key West Worlds still says 80 boats to compete! The 40 boat requirement is still unseen. Unless KWW can confirm the count and tell us the truth.

Quick Reply: The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.