Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Key West OS WORLDS are a GO, by Lee Mills!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/59495-key-west-os-worlds-go-lee-mills.html)

Phantom1 11-19-2003 03:30 PM

There's a guy with dimples driving an unlimited hydro...at the moment...who just might measure up.
Is this the same guy that helped create an organization of race sites/organizers two years ago. That certainly didn't help with consolidating all of the various organizations of our beloved sport.

glassdave 11-19-2003 03:31 PM

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Well, Being that many fellow OSOrs are down in KW, it really doesnt matter how many boats are there. We know how to make our own good time.

Long live OSO racing Association

HOORAH...HOORAH..HOORAH

exactly why i chose to go :D :D . . . . looking forward to puttimg a face on some of these names and if a boat race happens to pop up . . . well . . that would be nice too. i'll be there in the morning :cool: :cool: :cool:

Waterboy1 11-19-2003 03:34 PM

No......Shane why dont you shut up and go poker running!

Enough with all the negative posts about racing.Let it go, nothing personal.:D

T2x 11-19-2003 03:47 PM

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Well, Being that many fellow OSOrs are down in KW, it really doesnt matter how many boats are there. We know how to make our own good time.

Long live OSO racing Association

HOORAH...HOORAH..HOORAH

AMEN.........AMEN..........AMEN

BRUCE SEROFF 11-19-2003 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dave.. just look for the BIG ugly bald guy

BK 11-19-2003 03:59 PM

T2X wrote:
There's a guy with dimples driving an unlimited hydro...at the moment...who just might measure up.

And this guy with dimples is the same guy who once told us that he saw a great leader in Mike A....and as APBA President, selected Mike A to take offshore racing to a higher level.
Which Mike A. has done for the most part.

Is everyone happy with Mike A.? No.
Are some of the people happy with Mike A? Absolutely!

If we want to see our sport move ahead, then racers must come to realization that there will be NO perfect series or sanctioning body that satisfies our every need. EVER.

We've heard it before. Throughout history in boat racing, there's always some other "guy" who promises to produce exactly what we want. However, that is never fully accomplished because the "wants" of all racers are NOT universal.

outer42 11-19-2003 04:04 PM

IT'S A PERFECT WORLD,EVERYBODY'S POSTING FROM KEY WEST WITH A DRINK IN ONE HAND AND A GIRL IN THE OTHER AND ONE TYPING FOR YOU. NOT

BK 11-19-2003 04:10 PM

Originally posted by BK
Most people should realize by now that there will never be a 'perfect' organization.

What may be acceptable business savvy to one, is considered ruthless to another.

A rule change that infuriates one, creates bliss for another.

What one calls "sticking up for prinicpals" might be called blatant arrogance to someone else.

Quest for success and prosperity within the organizations might also be percieved as insatiable greed to another.

Half are happy.

Half are not.

The half that are not will eventually ruin it for the others.
This is precisely the problem with boat racing.

And the cycle continues......

P.S.
Every time we throw out the former organization with the bath water, we lose about a dozen or so seriously dedicated, irreplacable advocates of our sport that never come back. EVER.

This can't happen very often before we totally dissapear and everyone has left to go Poker Running.

THEJOKER 11-19-2003 08:05 PM

I was going to respond to the banter but I forgot what the question was. If the minimum number of boats was not met does Mills get his money from the city? BH

Shane 11-19-2003 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Waterboy1
No......Shane why dont you shut up and go poker running!

Enough with all the negative posts about racing.Let it go, nothing personal.:D

Hey WATERBOY....ME shut up? Yeah like THAT will ever happen!:D :p I know many people that would pay good money to see that!;)

Oh, and BTW I DID stop racing and go poker running. And maybe I will return someday. Right now, I think that the Jersey Boyz aka OPA have really got a GREAT thing going! Club racing that is FUN and HONEST! Way to go guys!